Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sick babies and a date night...

both the kids are sick and anyone who knows me knows that this might be my biggest frustration. It has nothing to do with the germs... really. My heart absolutely breaks when I see my babies feeling bad. It is so pitiful and I hate knowing that I can't fix it. Emily started out first. For the first few days it wasn't TOO bad but it has now dropped to her chest and she has the raspiest vioce ever and now Jack has begun to show signs. If I could take it away and get it 10 fold I would. If only we lived in a perfect world where sick people stayed home and practiced good hand washing...I know...spoken like a true teacher!

SOOO even though the kids were feeling bad Bryan and I REALLY needed a night out together so Grandma Emily stepped in for the night. This past year...not to mention the past three years...have been so incredibly busy for us and we really needed some husband/wife time. We went to see Angels and Demons for our annual trip to the movie theater. I wasn't as excited to see it as Bryan was but once it started I found myself day dreaming and remembering back to five years ago when we were traveling through Europe and getting married. It was so emotional to see Vatican City and Rome and see all of the places we had visited! Now I know why Bryan was so into that book while we were traveling there. If you haven't seen the movie I highly recommend it (although I did have to close my eyes more than once).

Here is my favorite line... "Religion is not flawed. Man is flawed."

If you have seen the movie you might recognize a few things...

a Swiss Guard...
St. Peter's...
St. Angelo's Castle...

No comments:

Post a Comment