Friday, June 18, 2010

Cabin fever....

I was really starting to have some cabin fever this past week.  It is a lot easier to take it easy at home when the weather is nice and the kids can spend their days playing outside in the afternoon.  I didn't know how many more activities I could come up with to entertain them inside. 

Every week I watch the weather forecast and get oh so excited to plan a day outside and then the morning arrives with the predicted sunny day and there is nothing but rain.  I finally gave up on making fun plans outside and decided to bring the sunny day activities inside.  I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner...
Jack joined in as well but I promise there was no "jumping off the diving board" for him...
A little peak a boo...
While Jack was taking his nap Emily discovered my IPod.  My original one was stolen while we were in the hospital with Emily so my dad gifted me this one when I was pregnant with Jack.  Emily played Taylor Swift's "Love Story" over and over and over again.  Even though she has given up on nap time it was nice to have about 30 minutes of "quiet time" for mommy...
By Friday (today) the weather finally brightened up a bit so I convinced my mom to go with us to the new water park down the street.  It is pretty impressive but it was just a little too chilly for the kids to venture in so they opted for the park area instead...
I didn't get too many pictures of Emily since she was off to the big kid side with Grandma Emily while I was on Jack duty...
 After an hour or so of playing we washed up and ate a little lunchie.  We definitely got our outdoor fix!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We were at the same park Friday. I guess we left by 11:40. I had not planned on Asher going in the sprinklers (didn't bring a suit or anything). He ended up going in, getting soaked, and having a blast! Ha ha ~ good thing I had some extra clothes in the car.

    ReplyDelete