There have been a lot of tears shed this week. I went back to work this week (lots of meetings) and I took the kids to the Early Learning Center at our school for the first time. Emily was so excited to go to school and play with all of the kids. As soon as we walked in she sat down and began playing with all of the rest of the kids. I was so excited to see her so happy but so incredibly sad to see how grown up she looked in a classroom setting. Since she settled in so well I took Jack next door to the toddler/infant side of the room. He did alright but I knew his transition would be a little harder. Thank goodness I only had a 3 hour meeting. When I walked back in the pre-school room to get Emily I saw the most pitiful sight. She was sitting at the lunch table with the rest of the kids with swollen red eyes. As soon as she saw me she jumped up and burst out, "She came back! She came back! Look everybody my mom came back for me!" Words cannot describe how much my heart ached at that moment. Jack had a hard time as well but he slept for more than half of his time there so I felt a little better.
I have been praying a lot and asking God for the strength to do this again tomorrow morning. I know they will be just fine and that this is going to be such a great experience for Emily. But if you see me in the morning and my eyes are looking a little red and swollen don't worry...it's not pink eye...it's just a momma with a sad heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If things don't work out, I'm always here! This post made me sad...
ReplyDeleteHang in there!
ReplyDelete