Friday, March 5, 2010

All caught up...

With this post, while it may be quite random, I will finally be current! That is just one more thing to check off my "to do" list and it feels pretty good. With a bandaged up finger my sewing has come to a little halt and I am feeling a little anxious as the days pass and no sewing is getting done before baby is born. I know I still have a few months left but times goes so quickly.

I did however manage to finish this precious little quilt just in case we have a little girl...
I am still in the middle of working on a matching bed set for Emily. Below is the pillow case and sham...
to go with the massive quilt I am working on for her. This is my first official quilt and I am completely in love with it so far. It is a work in progress since I am not using a pattern...just piecing ideas together as I go. I love the fabric I bought for these projects...all Amy Butler with one addition...

I also finished a taggie blanket for Bryan's cousin's new baby boy, Colt and a dress for my friend's daughter Olivia...
So onto the good stuff. The weekend before last Emily attended her second kid birthday party. It was for my friend's daughter Olivia who turned three. Really it was a social gathering for a group of us from work who usually get together every month for dinner so for this party we all brought our girls along. Emily adores Olivia and her play dates with her and I was in great need of a girl gathering! The kids all made their own fresh pizza and then decorated cupcakes. (the birthday girl is in the lower right hand corner)...
On third Sunday the kids had a great time at Sunday dinner with the Jones. It was a beautiful February day so Grandma Jones took Emily and Jake on a walk to the store to buy some delicious ice cream for everyone to enjoy after dinner...
I wish every day could be this perfect...
Then it was off for some more playing and more grass stains...
This one is really random but I couldn't resist. On Friday morning I was just having one of those mornings where the kids were very needy and I had to get to work. So what did I do? I turned on a movie in our bedroom, plopped them in our bed and made them breakfast in bed. I wouldn't suggest this as an every day routine but hey...I got to put a little make-up on for work, brushed out my moppy wet hair and went to to work almost on time...
When I got home that night this is what I saw...Emily sitting at the end of my bed stuffing her old pillow case with rolls of toilet paper. When I asked her what she was doing she told me she was sewing me a pillow. I couldn't ask for a more amazing little girl and she is definitely my child!

1 comment: