I love the fabric my sister-in-law picked out. This one is for Cowboy Max....
And this one is for Jake....
The sewing part is one thing but filling them is another. I waited until the kids woke up Wednesday morning to fill them. Since they had both been sick I knew playing in the styrofoam would help perk them up a little. It only took a few seconds for the pile of styrofoam to be quickly spread throughout the WHOLE house. Every dump truck and tractor was full of the stuff...
When I was finished sewing the lining of each and putting on the slip covers, I placed them in Jack's room for safe keeping. Later in the day I noticed that only one bean bag was still in Jack's room so I went to find Emily. She told me she had taken Jake's to her room because "he" was staying with her and "Max" had to stay with Jack. She continued on talking to the bean bag and playing with it as if it were Jake. She has quite the imagination these days.
By Thursday the styrofoam was EVERYWHERE. Honestly. I found it in the toilet, underneath the frig and stove and even in the front yard. I got out the shot vac and started cleaning up but left some for Jack to play with while I took Emily to the doctor. Usually messes like this drive me crazy but I felt so bad cleaning it up knowing how much fun they were having playing with it. Little did I know that the shot vac was just as fun...
Later that night Bryan decided it was about that time to shave. The kids were fascinated watching him and had lots of questions along the way....
What a handsome man he is!

No comments:
Post a Comment