Monday, May 3, 2010

Emily...

Seriously...can she be any more precious?  I found her like this the other night...Hello Kitty sunglasses on with the lenses in the "open" position, snuggled up with her blankie on the couch watching a show.  I just couldn't resist snapping a shot.

With the weeks going by quicker and quicker we have been trying to get ready for baby.  One of my biggest tasks is to try to get the kids to sleep in their beds the entire night.  While we have established an excellent bed time routine and they start out in their own beds, both of them usually creep out in the middle of the night and find their way to our bed.  With another baby on the way I just cannot imagine 5 of us in our bed.  I have been reading up on my Dr. Sears book and the suggestion was to put a sleeping bed at the side of our bed for Emily to sleep on when she comes into our room.  I was a little skeptical about the process but decided it was time to give it a try (I was not about to resort to bunjie cording her door closed as others had suggested).  When she entered our room she was super excited about it and layed down in the sleeping bag for a few hours but when she woke up again it was not the same story.  The first time she pleaded with Bryan and then it was on to me.  After many tears she went back to the sleeping bag both times but both Bryan and I admitted to having some pretty heavy hearts this morning.  I have been talking to her this about it a lot this morning and adding some incentives so hopefully tomorrow night is filled with a little more sleep for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ann! I know that there's nothing like unsolicitated advice from our blogs, but... We've been fighting that battle too! Wayne goes down in his bed GREAT, but ends up in our bed at some point. When I talked to our doctor about it at his four year appointment, his advice was to not allow Wayne in our bed at all. Instead, have a spot on the floor for him. Here's what's worked for us. Put him in his own bed, and when he wakes up and wants to come into our bed, it's the floor. And we used a sticker/reward chart. The biggest thing for us was to not let him fall asleep in our bed. We used to let him do that, but the problem was that then he thinks he has to be in our bed to sleep. NOT the goal! :-) Keep up the battle, it's a good one to have before baby #3 is on the scene!

    ReplyDelete