When a good friend of mine mentioned that Emily should go to Pony Camp with her daughter I jumped at the opportunity. I knew Emily would be needing some one on one time and this camp was the perfect solution. Although it was called "Mommy and Me Camp" Bryan went with her every morning instead.
Emily just had to look like Jessie from Toy Story so I put together a matching outfit as best as I could. Apparently she even corrected one of the girls running the camp when they accidentally called her Emily instead of Jessie...
My good friend Jennette was a huge help and Emily thoroughly enjoyed time with her best friend Olivia...
Emily was paired with a horse named Dolly...
On Monday and Tuesday Emily learned how to care for her horse, the names of all of the brushes and how to properly get on and off her horse. She even learned how to turn her horse. By Wednesday Emily decided that she no longer needed a lead (Bryan) and wanted to try it all by herself for the day. Bryan had brought along the camera and did a great job capturing the day so Mommy could see how well she was doing.
Thursday was graduation day and family was invited to watch all of the spectacular horse riding. This was Charlie's first big outing and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. I wrapped him up snuggly in the sling and all went well.
When we arrived Auntie Jenny and Emily had just finished decorating Dolly for the big day. We had done several crafts the day before in anticipation for the big event. Auntie Jenny was gracious enough to come along with Daddy in the morning since decorating ponies is just not his thing...
Jack snuck a turn when Emily was busy with Daddy... next year Jack, next year....
A few final touches and Emily and Dolly were ready to go...
Daddy, Emily, Olivia and her daddy Keith, all waited patiently to get on their ponies...
When it was Emily's turn she proudly got on all by herself...
Can you tell how much Bryan loved his time with Emily at Pony Camp? He was so incredibly proud pf her...
Jack watched eagerly as the kids showed off what they had learned in the arena...
After the kiddoes showed off all of the tricks they had learned they went on a walk through the forest. I stayed behind since it was a much longer walk than I was allowed to go on so soon after having Charlie. When they finally emerged from the woods we headed back to a little gazebo for awards and snacks.
Each child was awarded a different award and Emily was the last to receive hers. She was awarded Most Improved because she had never ridden a horse and learned how to do everything they had learned all by herself. It truly was a magical week for her. We just can't wait until next year when Jack can join Pony Camp as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment