I picked Emily up 11:15 and she said she needed to go get some ice cream. I tried to convince her that McDonald's has great ice cream but that was not what she had in mind. She wanted bright blue bubble gum ice cream so I mustered up all the courage I had and bravely drove all three kids to Chuck Wagon all by myself. Unfortunately we did clear out a few elderly people from our section with Jack's high pitch yells as the trains circled above us but we had a great time. I would have had some amazing pics but my hands we a little busy.
I think I am still in shock that Emily is old enough to go to Preschool. It seems like such a short time ago when Bryan and I held her for the first time. Things have definitely been changing lately and slowly I am adjusting. She went on her first play date away from home last month. A friend of mine picked her up and took Emily and her daughter to the museum for the day. Even though I knew she was in good hands it just seemed like such a big kid thing to do. She went camping on the coast with my family this summer while Bryan and I stayed behind and took another separate trip to visit Auntie Jenny for a few days. Then, just last week, a little girl came to the door and asked if "the little blond haired girl" could come out and play. Really? Is she old enough to go out front and play? Emily wasn't home so I escaped that one. Then it all finally hit me this morning. She is four and four year olds go to "Jesus school" as Emily would say. I am excited to watch her nourish new relationships as well as her relationship with God but I kind of wish that I could secretly tape her days so I don't miss a thing!



Oh Ann... You did better than me! When I dropped Wayne off, I BAWLED all the way to Bellingham. Ugh! If you figure out how to record her days, let me know, I'd buy that technology!
ReplyDelete