Thursday, January 27, 2011

what to do when your babies are sick...

...let them swing in the baby swing.  They can't do any more damage to it at this point anyway...
...check the mail for special gifts from Auntie Jenny...
...watch them smile inspite all of that drool, watery eyes and runny noses...
...cuddle each other and feel their love...
...let them explore and make messes...
...feel the joy a few Cheerios can bring...
...remember the few moments they are smiling through it all...
...make every meal a picnic...
We are finally healthy again after a two week long battle with this yucky stuff.  Emily brought it home from preschool, Charlie got it right after his eye incident and gradually Jack got it as well.  Poor Charlie and Jack had fevers for over four days.  When I went to put Jack's pants on after a week of being sick they just slid right back off.  If this were Charlie or Emily I wouldn't have worried so much but Jack doesn't have an inch to spare to begin with.  He has gradually been eating this week and they all seem to be feeling a lot better.  Emily is SO happy to be back at preschool with all of her friends and I am happy to be back into our regular routines.  Two weeks with little to no sleep was getting the best of me.  Thankfully my amazing husband sent me to The Chrysalis Spa for a full day of pampering.  I felt incredibly guilty for leaving the kids for a day to do something like this for myself, especially knowing that my husband probably needed a day as much as I did.  I have to admit  that it was one of the most wonderful experiences ever and I felt rejuvenated, refreshed and ready to get back to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment