Monday, May 23, 2011

what a LOVELY week...

You know it is going to be an adventurous week when it starts out with a trip Urgent Care early Monday morning.  Jack and Emily were a little stir crazy Monday morning and for some reason I allowed them to pile all of the cushions from the couch as a landing zone for the coffee table.  We had already painted, played with play dough and made messes with shaving cream art and it was only 10am.  I have to admit that the rainy weather was beginning to get the best of me and I just kind of sat back with Charlie in my arms and let them play away.  About 15 minutes into their exhilarating activity I heard Emily yell "cannon ball" followed by the gasping screams of Jack.  By the way he was crying I knew he was hurt badly but I didn't realize how badly until he refused to walk.  My initial instinct had me dial my sister-in-law Jen  but one ring into it I hung up and decided that I had better just call the doctor.  They were booked solid and suggested that I just go to Urgent Care since he would probably need x-rays anyway.

Two and a half hours later it was determined that he had not fractured his foot or ankle but should stay off it as much as possible.  Thankfully the doctor laughed when he said this, understanding that keeping a two year still for any amount of time is virtually impossible.  He told us to watch him over the next few days since a fracture may not surface for about 3 more days.  Jack continued to limp around the next few days and has gradually resorted to only limping in the evenings so I am assuming we are in the clear for now.

On Tuesday he was able to walk around a little and got into some stickers...
Emily got her first pair of sticker earrings. She has been asking to get her ears pierced but once I explained the process she thought this was a much better idea....
My mom did the same thing for me when I was six years old...
On Wednesday the kids and I took the "laundry money" to Haggen to get us some spending money in Sun Lakes during Memorial weekend.  This little bucket had more than $90 in it!  Woo hoo!  That is a whole lot of put put gold, ice cream and shopping at the gift store...
I brought home some boxes to start packing up for the garage sale but the kids got into them way before I even began.  Charlie was in hysterics trying to find Jack...
When Emily got home from pre school we played with water "bawoooons" outside per Jack's request...
Jack just likes to stomp them on the ground...
Wednesday was BIKE DAY at preschool.  In the fall she only had a tricycle so this time around she was super excited to show all the kids that she had her very own  "surfer girl" bike  She got to wash it, fill it up with gas and even got her very own license...
It was such a nice day that we decided to head to our new favorite park after preschool....
One of Emily's classmates was there which made it even more fun...
Later that evening I took the kids to the BIG McDonald's in Burlington to meet Daddy for dinner.  Since my kids don't like fast food we never eat at McDonalds and since the play areas give me the heebie jeebies we NEVER play in the play area.  But this was a special night for Daddy and his school so I went for it...
The Lautenbachs and DeHoogs were in town so they stopped by to see all the fun.  They are PROS at these play lands so it didn't phase them a bit...
I took us a l....o....n....g  time to get the kids out and into the car. Thankfully I had a bag full of warm chocolate chip cookies to bribe them with....
Emily was so excited that the next morning she asked Bryan if he was going back to work at McDonalds! 

On Thursday Emily went on a field trip to the Rollerskating Rink with her class.  This was a first for us but will definitely not be our last...
At first she was very cautious...
But gradually she made her way around the rink...
I loved that she would skate up to all of her friends, skate with them for a while and then find more friends to go visit...
She LOVED skating in the dark under the lights of the disco ball...
The Hokey Pokey...This may have been asking a little too much of these little peeps...
"That's what it's all about!"
We did some more skating with as many friends as we could find...
...then we did the limbo...
After so much fun skating I went home and got the boys and then headed to the park with some friends from preschool.  They played and played but still had some energy left in them when we got home. It was warm outside so we made slushy, threw water balloons and ran through the sprinkler...
We started some potty training again this week...shorts with no diaper...
Charlie loves sitting outside and I LOVE the easy clean up...
On Friday it was HOT so we headed up to Boulevard Park for a play date with Grandma Jones and the cousins.  I had been eager to test out the new picnic blanket I made for this summer and I have to say that I absolutely love the way it turned out.  It is water proof...no more water spots on my bum when I get up from the grass is a good thing...

We had quite the set up going on ...
Grandma Jones took the kids down to the water to check out "crab city"...
I think my kids were more interested in throws rocks in the bay...
After the park Emily went home with Grandma Jones for her first sleepover in Nooksack.  She was a little hesitant as she said goodbye but ended up having a wonderful time.  While they all headed to Nooksack, they boys and I decided to have some quality time in Fairhaven for the day.  We feasted on icecream, walked around a while and by the time their little heads touched their carseats they were fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment