Thursday, October 20, 2011

preschool pony farm field trip 2011...

Every year Emily's preschool heads to Lang's Pony Farm while studying horses and cowboys.  I love this field trip and especially loved watching Emily with all of her little friends this year.  She has a few friends from her class last year and these girls stick together like glue...
Emily got right on her pony like she had been doing it her entire life.  She insisted on holding the reins but I stuck close by because she got a bugger of a pony.  We had met Popeye before (Olivia had her two years ago at pony camp) and his reputation of being stubborn proved to be more true than I imagined possible.  This stinky pony kept trying to turn around and go on different trails.  At one point he actually got spooked by a cat, tripped over a rock and Emily almost fell off as he fell to one side.  Needless to say I took very few pictures and stood as close to my little girl as this pony would allow...
The class was split up into two groups. Half of the class went on the nature walk while the others were on ponies and then we switched...
Mrs. Faber is AMAZING!  She has been teaching preschool since I was there!  I never had her for a teacher but I LOVED watching her interact with kids as we walked through the woods...
A fallen tree.  What could have happened?  I am sure you can imagine the stories the kids came up with!
Exploring the covered wagons.  The kids could not believe that you can stay the night in them while attending pony camp...
One final picture to mark this day...
My favorite part of field trips is spending a little time with Emily one-on-one.  She brightens my day every day with all of her inquistive questions, endless stories of magic and adventure and her sweet outlook on everything in life.  I LOVE this precious girl with every bit of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment