Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Pitch & Fall Fest 2011...

For the past few years we have been taking the kids to the Pumpkin Pitch in Burlington and then Fall Fest in Mount Vernon.  It is by far one of my favorite things to do to start off fall only this year it was feeling a whole lot more like summer rather than fall.  It was in the 80's and we were HOT!

Emily started out at the cookie making booth while Daddy and Jack left to go make a gourd car...
Then she decorated her very own little pumpkin...
Charlie started to get a little fussy so Emily offered up her freshly made cookie.  Sometimes I just look at this little girl in amazement.  She is by far the most generous and loving big sister these two boys could ever ask for...
After her two crafts we headed over to check out Daddy and Jack's progress.  Lucky for us they had just finished up and were getting ready to race...
I left Emily with Daddy and took the boys over to the crafts to let Jack have a turn.  He was pretty proud of the pumpkin he made.  He is fascinated with shapes right now and LOVED the green triangle nose...
We skipped the cookies and headed back to see how Daddy and Emily were doing...
Then cheered her on as she raced her car...
After all of that racing we found the pumpkin painting...
...and the FIRE TRUCK...
We left the Pumpkin Pitch before the actual "pitching" ever began and headed to Fall Fest in downtown Mount Vernon.  I have to say that it was a little bit of a bust.  No tractors or big trucks this year, no crafts, no...honestly there just wasn't really anything but this "BIG DADDY GRANDPA JEEEEEM BOAT" that Jack liked...
We decided to just head straight to the revetment and check out the Farmer's Market and Potato contest...
Inside this tent was (I think) 80 feet of potatoes.  They were going for the World Record but I guess they needed it all eaten up in order for it to count and only ended up eating something like 15 feet of it....
Even though Fall Fest was a little disappointing this year we had a wonderful day.  Just looking at these pictures reminds me of how lucky we are to have such fun (FREE!) family entertainment around us all the time.  While I have my days of wanting to jump ship and move our family to Costa Rica, Europe or anywhere that just seems adventuresome, I am quickly humbled by all of the "rich" experiences they are experiencing every day here in little Skagit County. 

No comments:

Post a Comment