Sunday, March 18, 2012

OUTdoors...

It seems like more than ever the kids have been itching to get outside and play.  Charlie literally stands at the sliding glass door, hands balled into fists and bangs on the door until I let him outside. 

When the snow came down early last week I couldn't resist their pleas, headed upstairs to sort through the "winter clothes" bin and eventually found all of their snow gear once again...
Emily was by far the most diligent worker of the three.  She quickly got to work on her very own snowman...
I think it was right about now that Jack decided to come over and help the snowman right over.  Poor Emily was bummed out but she quickly got to work and repaired him to new again...
By the time she was completely finished the boys had long since headed inside to warm up. She was so  incredibly proud of her masterpiece.  Even the boys shouted their words of approval from inside...
A few days later it looked like this outside.  All that was left of "Charlie the Snow Baby" was a carrot, some mushy cookies and a bag of fruit snacks.  The boys were banging steady at the door again so we ventured out back...
I accidentally left the lid to the sand table ajar and snow and rain seeped inside.  It was a big mess for me but heaven to this little boy's eyes...
Eventually I emptied all of the water out of the sand table and cleaned up the John Deere riding toys and Coup Car for the boys to ride around in.  I think Jack pushed Charlie around in the Coup Car for a solid thirty minutes before he finally wore out...

No comments:

Post a Comment