Friday, June 1, 2012

Pre-FUN...

The week before Memorial Day weekend the kids and I decided to have a little pre-weekend FUN.  After preschool on Tuesday I had to get new tires and brakes put on my car so we hung out at Chuck E Cheese for the afternoon...
c
Charlie was way too little to climb up into the tunnels so Emily waited behind him and patiently lifted him up on each level...
On Wednesday the kids were feeling extra fussy knowing that Grandma Emily was leaving along with the rest of my side of the family for our annual family reunion in Eastern Washington.  It was the 24th year of celebration but we Joneses just couldn't make it so I did my best to make it a fun "camping trip" at home.  The kids painted a large CAMP JONES sign along with some trees, animals and a sun to hang on the walls...
 Then I set up our little tent (we sold "the castle" in the garage sale) and did a little camping indoors...
 
On Thursday Emily's preschool took a field trip to the skating rink.  Usually Grandpa Jim takes Emily on her field trips but I figured rollerskating on a new ankle might not be the best plan!
 Norah and Emily were inseparable...
Little sister, Elise, found Emily as well...
 Besties last year...
... and again this year...
 The hokey pokey...
 Then the limbo...
On Friday the sun finally came back out so I took ALL the kids (Emily, Jack, Charlie and Christian) on a walk to the park.  I didn't get too many pictures since I was chasing these little guys the entire time but we did have a great afternoon...
 Friday evening was Jack's choice so the kids had a fancy dinner of pancakes and flavored milk...
Even with such a fun-filled week I have to admit that there was an ache in the pit of my stomach knowing that I was missing out on seeing my family and it would be entire year until I saw them again.  Maybe it was the frequent calls from my mom and sister letting me know how much fun they were having or knowing that people I had not seen since my wedding reception showed up to see us and we weren't there.  Regardless of the reasons I am sad we missed but I am also so incredibly thankful for the weekend that was about to begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment