Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Four days of LOVE days...

With a four day weekend we decided that Valentine's Day was going to last four days at our house. Oh what fun we had! For some reason I was really itching to have a thematic holiday revolving around food....weird I know...but sometimes you just have to go with it.

FRIDAY

Bryan had to work Friday but I had the day off. Emily started her Valentine's weekend by sporting a new hair do and eating pink Valentine's cookies from the coffee stand....YUM!



SATURDAY...
On Saturday morning Emily got up bright and early and wanted to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast. This is a daily routine but today we made heart shaped pancakes to go with the day and then placed them on her new heart shaped plate.


She loved them....can you tell?

Then Grandpa Jim (my dad) stopped by for some Valentine's hugs.


And then watched Emily unwrap some presents...

Yes those are Skittles in the heart and yes she did consume every last one before 9am. What can I say...it was Valentine's Day!

Soon it was lunch time and I just couldn't help myself...heart shaped french toast...somebody stop me!

One for dad...

And a little one for Emily...

Soon Auntie Jenny showed up with a car full of FUN! Emily was so excited to have her Auntie for four whole days (we all were!!!) And as usual Auntie Jenny came with presents in tote. First off was the ready made pancake mix. THANK YOU!!!

Next, there were little heart shaped pancake makers...much better than what I was attempting!

There were many more little gifts as you might detect in the background on some of the following pictures. Auntie Jenny always goes above and beyond! After Emily had just settled down a bit Grandma Emily arrived. Emily gave this little book about Grandma's to her Grandma Emily.

Soon it was dinner time. While Bryan and I started our life together full of romantic adventures (our engagement....wedding in the Vatican...) we have settled for restful family-filled nights at home. Bryan's one request on Valentine's Day is for me to make heart shaped meatloaf and mashed potatoes. So here it is...


SUNDAY...

On Sunday Auntie Jenny came over bright and early and tried out the "new and improved" pancake accessories. They scored an A+!


After an afternoon of fun we headed to Grandpa Jim and Patti's house for a family dinner. Emily LOVES the cats a lot more than they love her.

Oh look...it's Jack Jack...sorry Jack your sister has taken over this post!

No comment...this one speaks for itself.


MONDAY...

On Monday morning we got up early and headed to my mom's house in our PJs for breakfast. Buster, Jenny and Zach's dog, loves Emily....and loves what she feeds him even more...

After breakfast Auntie Jenny took Emily outside to plant some bulbs for Grandma Emily. Emily LOVES digging in the dirt and planting. While she was working she had the whole commentary going...First you dig the hole. Then you put in the plant. Then you put water and it will grow. Then you get to eat the food....it was adorable!




All done planting...time for a break...

Ok...so this seems like a random picture but I had to get Jack in at least one more time. I have been itching to sew some bibs for Jack since we all know he goes through at least 10 a day! I wanted some cute ones since he has to wear them all day every day. This was my first attempt....not perfect but not too bad. He seems to like it !

No comments:

Post a Comment