Saturday, April 17, 2010

The mall...

I am not a big fan of the mall but we do venture once or twice a year.  Usually it is to make a return from shopping online, as it was on this day.

Apparently in the last 6 months or so the mall people decided to put these cars right in the middle so you cannot walk through the mall without running right into them.  Well, we were ambushed...
After the car ride my mom and I took the kids to the Children's Museum for a little bit. While the turtles were fun to watch there really wasn't anything else they had that we didn't already have at home except for TONS of kids and A LOT of germs.  This may have been our last visit.  I thinking we are saving up for trips to the Seattle Science Center instead...
Jack loved playing in the kitchen but it was a lot of work to keep snatching food out of his little hands before they made it to his mouth...
Emily stayed in the sand box most of the time before venturing to the play house....
By the time we got home the kids were TIRED.  Emily changed into her swim suit and scarf and passed out soon after...
Baby Jones #3 Update:
I went in for another routine doctor's appointment yesterday.  I had a long list of things to discuss so the appointment went much longer than expected.  Since I have been experiencing intense contractions every evening she did another ultrasound just to check things out.  Emily came along for the appointment and was absolutely thrilled to watch her baby brother on the "TV."  Although she probably didn't know exactly what she was looking at she kept saying things like:

"Ohhhh, isn't my baby brother so cute!"
" I just love him."
and my favorite....
"My new baby brother gets to have slumber parties with my brother Jack every night!"

When all was finished we got a nice little picture of the little guy's foot...symbolic of how much he was kicking and moving around the whole time. 

Everything else looked pretty good.  While the hematoma (blood clot) is still visible it had shrunk by 1/2 cm.  This may seem like a little amount but it is a good sign.  At this point we can hope to pregnant for 39 weeks which would make my delivery date July 7th.  There are still many situations that could take place before then, which she went over with me, but I have my heart set on July 7th.  She also gave me permission to do light exercise (walking) which was music to my ears. 

As my dear husband put it, I can now feel better about doing the things that I have already been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment