Most of our time was spent indoors thanks to the weather but we did manage to play outside a little bit. Bryan took Thursday and Friday off to spend time with us and we quickly headed to Home Depot to get some fresh play sand for the sand box. I am not sure how much is left inside the sand box but we definitely got a good days fun out of it!
On Friday night Jenny and Zach headed up our way for the weekend. Zach and Bryan spent most of the evening helping my mom clean out her garage and then Bryan and I escaped to Good Friday Mass. Emily had fallen asleep so Jenny offered to watch both of the kids so that Bryan and I could go to church alone. I have to say that it was so nice to be able to sit, listen and completely take in the message that evening. Usually I am lucky to hear two or three words of the scripture between entertaining Jack at mass so this was a real blessing.
Easter is my favorite time of year and always has been. I have been talking to Emily a lot about the true meaning of Easter but at age three if the only thing she takes away is that Jesus went to the cross to take away all of the naughty things people did then I think we are doing alright.
On Saturday the boys had a well deserved boy day going to the dump, looking at trailers and hitting a few bars in between so Jenny and I started our Easter preparations with the kids.
Brave Auntie Jenny taught Jack how to operate the mixer...
and test out the frosting...
while Emily helped me make the scalloped potatoes...
Auntie Jenny had this great idea to make these adorable cupcakes. They were the perfect dessert to entertain the kids with.... Jack may have snuck a few chocolate eggs in his mouth...
And the final result...pretty cute if you ask me! More of our fabulous Easter festivities to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment