Even though you were given a date of delivery for your birth you tried your best to trick us many times. After a long pregnancy filled with many prayers you entered this world as healthy as could be. You took over my heart the second you were born and brought absolute completion to our family.
On July 6th I woke up bright and early in order for your dad and I to arrive at the hospital at 5:30am. Your Grandma Jones and Grandma Emily stayed back at our house for the week to help take care of your brother and sister.
I am not going to lie, I was not excited to have another cesarean birth but I was so overwhelmed with joy to meet you that I did my best to put my fears aside. The nurse came in around 6am to begin my IVs and your pitiful mother began to faint. If it helps, I did the same thing with your brother and sister. Once I came around all of my prep work was completed and I was finally escorted to the operating room. After 9 months of carrying you in my belly I was oh so ready to hold you in my arms...
The doctors got me all settled in and promptly started the operation at 7:30am. In just a blink of a tear-filled eye your daddy announced that you were here. The emotion I felt the second you arrived was absolutely indescribable. Love overwhelmed every inch of me as I anxiously awaited the moment I would be able to hold you in my arms. While I waited patiently your daddy scooped you up and eagerly assisted the doctors and nurses...
When he finally brought you over to me the flood gates opened up again as I saw you for the first time. As your precious little face peered down at me I wanted so badly to take you in my arms and kiss you all over...
Your daddy brought you over to the scales and to our surprise...
you were the smallest baby of all weighing in at 8 lbs and 13oz...
Being a cesarean baby you had a little trouble breathing on your own and little bubbles began to form at your mouth. Luckily the doctors noticed this right away and helped you out with your breathing a little...
Then your daddy took you over and gave you your first official bath...
Finally they set you in the cart and wheeled you down to my room where I was eagerly awaiting your arrival...
No words can describe how it feels to hold your child for the first time. You are absolutely perfect....
After only a few seconds in my arms your little mouth began moving and I knew it was time to eat...
Your first visitor arrived not too long after your were born. Grandpa Jim actually came in the morning before your birth and then came back to see you once you had arrived. You took to him pretty quickly as he rocked you back and forth in his arms...
A little later in the afternoon your Grandmas stopped by with your brother and sister. Emily burst through the doorway saying your name and shouting, "I love you Charlie!"over and over again. She was such a proud sister and couldn't wait to finally hold you in her arms as well...
Your brother Jack on the other hand was a little confused with everything and stuck to playing with his tractors and trucks...
Your daddy couldn't be prouder of his two boys. He had always wanted a brother for himself and had told me early on in our marriage that it was his dream to have two boys of his own. I am so happy this dream came true for him...
Auntie Jenny made a surprise visit as well. We were so happy to see her and you obviously were too. You slept in her arms for over three hours. In your years to come you will probably follow the footsteps of your brother and sister and prefer her to anyone else in this world...
You finally interrupted your bonding time with her to have your first poopie diaper change...
It had been a long day for all of us and just as we were settling in for the night we had one last late night visitor....
...your Auntie Jenny returned bearing many treats, movies, and gifts along with your sister who just had to see you before she went to bed. (Not to mention Daddy had begged Auntie Jenny to come back with her so he could see his little Emily some more.) Emily was so excited to see you and pleaded to let her take you home with her. She spent a lot of checking Mommy over and asking a lot of questions...
That night you slept peacefully in my arms.
In the morning we were greeted by a caravan of hospital personnel...doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, photographers, hearing specialists, interns...you name it. It was a busy morning and by the afternoon we were ready for our daily visit from your brother, sister and grandmas...
I was hoping to get a group picture of the three of you wearing your sibling shirts but I wasn't going to press my luck. I started by bribing your sister and brother with some of my hospital cookies but I don't think they were too impressed. I decided it was best to just take what I could get and make sure it was an enjoyable experience for all of us...
The next morning your momma and daddy were itching to get home. We stayed the minimum amount of time required for a cesarean birth and then packed our bags. We were so excited to get you home to be with your brother and sister and to be all together as a family...
He is beautiful and thanks for sharing his birth story. I just love reading them! Good job Mama!
ReplyDelete