Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pentictan 2010

A few weeks ago Bryan was getting the itch to take a family vacation.  He had just returned from a fabulous week in San Diego but missed having the kids along for the trip.  So we conjured up some ideas and headed up to Pentictan, B.C. for a few days.

We didn't arrive until very late Friday night but the kids were ready to go Saturday morning.  Donuts for breakfast (a vacation treat) might have had something to do with it...
Sorry Charlie...next year you can joing the fun...
Auntie Jenny, Uncle Zach and Grandma Emily made the trip up a few days earlier and were eager to meet us down at the beach for the day...
Charlie was a good sport and slept a good portion of the day at the beach...
Jack didn't really know what to think of the water at first.  He spent a good amount of time checking it all out before he was ready to venture in...
Charlie was only 5 weeks old but he was good as gold the whole time...
Finally Jack ventured in...
Emily took to the water right away and persuaded Bryan to go into the deep water.  She was pretty impressed when her daddy found a pair of goggles lurking in the water below...
It was in the nineties the whole time we were there but the shade kept Charlie pretty cool...
Playing the drums in the water....It doesn't get much cuter than that...
Auntie Jenny and Uncle Zach were a huge help in the water.  While I did venture in, I am not brave enough to show how "cute" I looked in a bikini 5 weeks after having Charlie.  Since we didn't plan this little vacation until a few weeks prior I had little time to find appropriate attire.  Why do all the stores get rid of tankinis/swimsuits in June?  Really?  Who wants to look at sweaters in August?  Oh well...we'll just stick to pictures of Auntie Jenny.  I had the matching bikini in a very pale and MUCH larger body...
After a very long day at the beach we headed to Auntie Jenny and Uncle Zach's camp ground for some more fun and dinner...
This picture is proof that I have loosened up a little bit about germs.  By the third baby I guess you just have to.  Plus this lady had an amazing accent that I just fell in love with and I just couldn't resist letting her poke around at my precious baby...
After a long game of races the kids (well more like Jack) decided to wrestle...



Grandma came out of the trailer to see what was going on and it was if there was a magnet attached to her.  These babies of ours sure love their Grandma!
...and their auntie...
Zach was trying to tell me that he was not burnt at all...just a manly tan.  I think I spotted some raccoon eyes so he posed for me...
The next morning we decided to try out a different spot on the beach closer to our hotel and "The Peach."
It didn't take Charlie long to blow through one outfit but thankfully I was well prepared.  I packed the largest suitcase full of clothes just for him...
Our set up looked a little like this.  The rest of the blankets, umbrella, chairs, sack full of snacks and stroller were behind them in the shade...
The stroller made a great place for Jack and Charlie to take a little nappy...
Later that night we stayed at our hotel and we ordered some pizza.  Jack entertained himself all night by coloring the boxes...
Seriously...these are the best little moments to wake up to...
On our third day we packed up the Expedition and drove to a different spot on the beach.  We wanted to experience a little something different each day.  This sweet spot was right in between two of the water slides...

Trucks and a crabbie floaty made the water so much more fun...

Emily finally convinced daddy to take her to the BIG DADDY SLIDE way out in the water...
She climbed up the ladder oh so carefully...
...and then made her way back down again.  It was probably a good call since the water at the end of the slide was over Bryan's head...
Jenny and Zach celebrated their first anniversary with us.  I am not sure it was very relaxing for them but we sure had a lot of fun spending time with them!
I think things got a little stir crazy by the late afternoons.  Some crazy people began feeding the ducks and soon there were flocks of them all around us...



That evening we retreated to Jenny and Zach's again for another fabulous meal made by Auntie Jenny.  To work up our appetites we swam in the pool for a while...
This is how Jack would make his way into the pool...
When it started to get dark we all piled into the "house on wheels" to settle down a bit...
Daddy and Uncle Zach managed to disappear again and we finally found them behind these doors...
Must be nice to have time to sit and watch a non-rated G movie on a TV as large as the wall behind them!
Now that we are back and I have finally finished my last vacation load of laundry, I have had time to sit and think about how wonderful this trip was.  I love knowing that these are the fun memories the kids will have and there is nothing like doing it with family!

Stay tuned because we jammed a whole bunch of other fun activities into the rest of the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment