Sunday, October 3, 2010

September favorites...

I bet you were starting to think that the only thing we do around here is celebrate birthdays.  We did do some other great things in September as well.  It has been a month of learning what it is like to be a SHM (stay home mom) and all of the glories that come with it.  We have finally settled into a routine and it seems to be working for us.  In general it goes a little like this...

Monday-FREE day...anything that comes along is game
Tuesday-Thursday- Emily at Preschool while the boys and I go walking, playground time and then one day out of the week we try to get up to my grandparents house to bring them dinner and play.
Friday-Story time at the library and then lots of crafts at home

We usually do a little shopping, do lots more crafts and have a few play dates in between.

One of my favorite adventures this month was attending a BEHS football game with my husband!  I love that Bryan is now supervision free at sporting events and we can finally enjoy them as a family.  For our first game of the year the kids sported their new graduation shirts.  Charlie will be class of 2029 but I didn't have a shirt big enough at the time I was sewing these up so he will have to wait until the next game to sport his...
Emily gave herself the title of "Little Momma" the day she turned four and boy is she a good helper...
The hats only made it on for about 15 seconds but it was long enough to get one quick shot...
We also spent many a days at the home of some family friends while my mom was house sitting for them.  Emily loves, loves, loves her, I mean their dog Lily...
Jack likes the trucks best of all...
A whole lot of things go on while Charlie looks like this...
Emily and Jack's favorite thing to do is to ride the antique cars down the driveway...
One day this month Emily asked me to make her a nightgown to wear for the day.  I didn't have a pattern but I took some quick measurements and did my best.  When I finished she told me that she did not like it all because it was too short.  So...she found some hot pink fabric and added another layer to the bottom until it was "absolutely perfect!"  I am not claiming this one as one of my best creations but it did make a special little girl extremely happy for the day...
On one of our weekly trips to Haggen I snatched up a few pumpkins for craft time...     
A huge blessing in my is my mom!  She is with us just about everyday and we soak up every last bit of her while we have her...
During one of our visits to my grandparents the kids received their birthday presents.  My grandma always find the most unique and amazing gifts.  This one just happened to be a butterfly blowing elephant game...
Along with our morning walks at Preschool we usually take a second walk in the late afternoon to get the mail.  The boys fit nicely in the stroller while Emily scoots along on her scooter.   When I am lucky the end of the walk looks a little like this for Charlie...
The neighbor girl, Ana Maria, usually spots us on our way home and tags along for the walk back to our house.  She is the sweetest little girl and plays so nicely with both Emily and Jack. 
On this particular day the kids had all of their supplies (whatever they carry from Ana Maria's house and our house) out on the sidewalk to play.  I was sitting back in the garage when I heard Ana Maria tell Emily that she was Mexican.  Then she asked Emily, "What are you?"  Emily paused for a second and then said, "I'm Jones."  You just have to love the little conversations they have...
Last weekend we took the kids to The Pumpkin Pitch in Burlington and then to Fall Fest in Mount Vernon.  It was a bit of an overwhelming day but for some reason I was determined to conquer the both of them. 

When we arrived at The Pumpkin Pitch the first thing the kiddoes did was pick out a pumpkin to paint...
Then it was off to some pumpkin bowling...
Emily pitched some pumpkins at the milk jugs...
...then inquired about some family friendly trails from the rangers...
By this time the kids were getting a little fussy so I took Emily to the giant jumpy house and Bryan took Jack to get some lunch.  We considered staying a little longer to watch the actual pumpkin pitching but the kids didn't seem too interested and I really wanted to check out Fall Fest.

We went back to our house, ate some lunch, changed clothes and then headed on down to Fall Fest and boy was it worth it.  It wasn't crowded at all and there was so much to see and do...
The tractors weren't as exciting to Emily as they were for Jack so I found something to cheer her up a bit...
PONY RIDES....
FACE PAINTING...
...and a smile back to her tired little face!

On Sunday we celebrated my Grandpa Moore's 90th birthday.  The two Jack's together looked pretty sharp...
My dad, grandpa and Aunt Sue...
By this time in the month Jack was well aware of what cake was...
My cousins, Anna, Maria (with her son Xavier), Katie and Grace...
Patti's parents, Gene and Lotti, joined us as well...
and some random pictures of family and friends who attended...
I love how Jack greeted my mom...running...jumping up...then flinging his legs over her shoulders...
Emily put on a small play for a few of us...
while Jack tried to teach Xavier how to crawl...
After a while had passed Jenny asked me if I had seen Bryan and Zach.  I thought for a second and then remembered them commenting on finding the movie room that is used for church services.  I think the picture explains the rest...
Most of our week days look a little like this....crafts outside anytime possible and occasionally inside as well...
Gross...
Even grosser!  You gotta love having a boy...
When glittering pumpkins with Martha Stewart's most vibrant shade of hot pink glitter was finally finished we gathered some leaves from the yard and did some leaf prints...
I am now officially so excited for fall and all of our projects to come!

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to follow your blog!!!

    We found the elephant butterfly game for Andrew and left it at Grandma's because it is really fun and he doesn't use it all the time so we figured we would share it! I'm glad you guys got some good use out of it!!

    Happy fall to you all!

    ReplyDelete