Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What a week...

When the beginning of your week starts off with a self inflicted ketchup Mohawk for lunch you know it is going to be an eventful week...
It had began as just a nice sit down lunchie/tea party...
On Monday we started the morning out with some playtime in Emily's room.  I love how Jack "tries" to play with Emily by driving his trains and trucks through her doll house...
Then it was off to the park for a pizza picnic...
On Tuesday we picked up Emily from preschool and then headed to "the big daddy park" with Grandma Emily...
I thought they would be all tuckered out but they just weren't going to go down for naps so we headed to some family friends' house to try out their new zip line.  Emily has already had a few experiences with the zip line but this was my first time watching all of its wonders in action...
My brave little girl hopped right on and went first.  I had an amazing video of her but Jack accidentally erased it on my camera...
Then Grandma Emily took Jack for a ride.  All I have to say is that I hope I am this adventurous and fun when I am 64!
Then we headed up to the tree house to play for a short time before heading out woods...
That evening Jack helped Charlie test out the jumpie...
On Wednesday Emily and I went on a field trip with her preschool to Lang's Pony Farm...
The kids made bandannas the day before in class and Emily and Alex were super excited to pose for a pictures with them on with their teacher...
The class split into up into two groups.  Our group did a nature walk for the first hour and pony rides for the second hour...
Learning about moss...
Singing Jesus Loves Me and using our sign language...
Then pack to the pony corral to pick out our ponies...
Emily chose Blaze for her pony since Dolly wasn't available.  Emily told me that she just had to go to the veterinarian for the day...
Emily was the only kiddo there who rode the pony without a lead ( a parent guiding the pony with the reins).  Emily did it all by herself...
While we were riding through the woods Emily noticed that Ponce the kitty was following beside us.  One of the ladies handed her to Emily so that we could ride the pony as well...
On Thursday morning I had the second session on my dental surgery done and then we had a play date with Olivia at our house.  That evening I was feeling a lot of pain so we had a slow evening listening to daddy play the guitar...
On Friday we visited Grandma and Grandpa Fox and then came home and did some favorite Grandma Martha (a.k.a. Martha Stewart) Halloween crafts...
 Grandma Emily stopped by to read some stories...
On Saturday we headed up to Nooksack to celebrate Bungholio.  Last year we made quite the event out of it making Emily and Jake dress up in traditional Polish outfits but this year was a little more low key...
 All the peeps gathered in the garage to hear the tale of how this made up Jones holiday came to be...
Woo hoo it was a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment