Saturday, November 13, 2010

Baby Ava...

Last weekend my sister hosted a baby shower for my cousin's wife, Rachel and their daughter on the way, Baby Ava. Rachel is by far the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen. She is full of smiles, has a little bump right out front (and no where else!) and truly has that glow that everyone talks about...
While we were all socializing about all things baby, Auntie Jenny made lunch for the kids and set them up in true Fall City style to watch a movie...
Before the party began I got one quick picture of the decorations.  My sister, mom and I went in on her gift together and got her a big basket FULL of goodies.  I also made my first attempt at making a diaper cake.  For party favors Jenny wrapped packages of Lifesavers in Baby Ava wrappers and made some sweet little pink treat bags to go with them...
Bryan and Zach did not stick around for the shower.  Their plan was to "go to wood shop" and then to "band practice."  I took one quick picture before they were off in an attempt to capture their excitement for their man-date...
Back at the party we were having our own kind of fun...
The kids were super excited to find out that we were going to have a slumber party.  They slept pretty good but were up bright and early the next morning...
Mmmm...BooBerry cereal for breakfast.  Emily thought she had died and gone to heaven.  I didn't even know they made such a cereal...
Then it was off to feed the chickens and collect the eggs...
When Jack ran out of grain to feed them he hustled over to the garden and pounded out a zucchini for them...
We had so much fun that we stayed most of Sunday as well.  It was definitely a wonderful Fall City weekend with some of our favorite peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment