We had
BIG plans for Halloween but this momma kind of dropped the ball. Our plan was to go out to Bay View and trick-or-treat at Grandpa Jim's and Grandma Patti's house, then head out to Anacortes to trick-or-treat down town with our good friends Jennette and Olivia, then head back to Mount Vernon and do our usual rounds (our neighborhood, my childhood neighborhood and Grandma Emily's house). It started off pretty good with our first trip heading to Grandpa Jim's and Grandma Patti's house...
Jack was not thrilled to say the least. He wanted nothing to do with any of the three costumes we had for him. My sister quickly plopped his tractor costume on him at the last minute but the flood gates quickly followed so we swooped it off again. After two other costume attempts I was sure he would just love this tractor I made him. It even had light up head lights. Oh well, I think I will store it for next year in hopes that he decided this trick-or-treating thing is kind of fun...
The kids snacked on some delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies while we visited...
Charlie showed off his insides...
Then we headed out to Anacortes to meet up with our friends. Unfortunately this silly momma didn't realize that we were supposed to be there at 1pm on Saturday. Apparently all events were held on Saturday this year instead of Halloween. A big WHOOPS on my part. Thankfully the kids were tired and fell asleep in the car before they realized what had happened.
They woke up just in time to answer the door for some early trick-or-treaters, ate some dinner and then we were off trick-or-treating in our neighborhood by 5:30.
I made a second attempt to get Jack's Jack Deere costume on him...
Then decided it wasn't worth the tears so off we went...
He did put on part of his construction worker costume but only with a little bribery...
Emily was the sweetest thing you ever saw. She had impeccable manners and any time someone didn't answer their door she decided that they must be out getting more candy at the store.
I took Emily and Charlie to my childhood neighborhood around 7pm (Jack was just not into trick0or-treating and I wasn't going to force it) and then we visited with Grandma Emily. Somehow little Emily convinced me that she just had to stay the night so I Charlie and I went back home.
We ended up with 202 trick-or-treaters! That is pretty good considering we were not home for 45 minutes during the rush to go trick-or-treating ourselves. We ran out of glow sticks and candy at 7:45 but still continued to get knocks on our door until 9pm!
No comments:
Post a Comment