Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's Day...

Emily is old enough now to know that Saturday means Daddy is home and when this just isn't the case her little heart melts.  So while Bryan went off to work all day on Saturday I did my best to hold back the kids' tears by filling in the day with an assortment of Father's Day preparation crafts...
It was going pretty well until this little monster rolled through...
Hmmmm....I think he just ATE the "O"...
On Sunday morning the kids woke up EARLY, eager with excitement about Father's Day.  Emily had been telling us since May that June was her favorite month because we get to celebrate Father's Day. When Sunday morning finally arrived the kids flooded the kitchen eager with anticipation and proud to show Daddy the special things they had done for him.

Banner ready. Coffee ready.  Newspaper ready....
7am entrance...
Emily made Bryan a special card at preschool and then painted this picture of Ariel and her fish friends for his office...
I also had the kids do some hand printing on canvas for him.  His three little fishies captured all on one page...
Bryan loves fresh pineapple so I fixed up a very special breakfast for him...
We spent a little time with my dad that afternoon but the kids were sleeping in the car the entire time so I never got out my camera.  Our time there was short and then we were off to Nooksack to celebrate with Bryan's family...
Grace got to try out Emily's bike...
And these two boys were the BEST of friends all evening...
Where'd he go?
We sang happy birthday to Auntie Jen...
And then got back to playing.  I have know idea where Jack got this idea...
The Bellingham Joneses joined us for the evening...always an added perk!
Emily presented Auntie Tammy with her quilt we made her.  Emily picked out all of the pink fabric and was extremely proud of it.  We are so happy that her treatments ended Friday and are praying for healthy cancer free days ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment