Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August {the rest of week one}...


It really is a testament of how crazy, busy, FUNtastic this summer has been when I am blogging about the first few weeks in August and it is almost September.

Monday: August 8th
We finally had some time to get together with some great friends of ours and had them over for dinner.   They had not been over for dinner since last summer even though I specifically recall us all saying that we wanted to get together throughout the year.  With both of our families living such busy lives I think we were all just feeling thankful that we had finally found some time again this summer.

Emery and Charlie had some fun together with the swords...
...while Asher and Jack feasted on all of the delicious food Emily cooked up for them...
The next afternoon the kids and I headed over to Olivia's house for one of our weekly play dates.  This has become one of our favorite things to look forward to all week.  As soon as we got there the girls got busy painting each other's toe nails...
Then we headed outside and enjoyed the amazing weather...
The next morning Jack woke up talking about, "Super E" and "Super J" so I quickly...very quickly...whipped up a cape for Jack (Emily already had one) and they superheroed around the house the entire morning...
We built a wall with an entire roll of paper and they used their super hero powers to run through it and break it down...
When they finally took a few minutes to relax and catch their breath, Emily asked me for some fabric so that she could make Charlie a cape as well.  I literally gave her fabric, glue and scissors and she did EVERYTHING herself.  I think I see a future Project Runway contestant in the making...
I feel like every day is a blessing as I watch our three kids grow more in love with each other.  They are the best of friends.  While they have their days of hair pulling and hitting, most of their time is spent snuggling, playing, helping, hugging, protecting and loving each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment