Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day 2011...

As long as I can remember Veteran's Day has always felt like a day of honoring my Grandpa Jack.  In elementary school he would speak at our assemblies, lead the parade of veterans down the street in Burlington every year and was plastered all of the news paper more times than not.  He literally was the FACE of our community.  He lived and breathed HONOR.  We spent many of our childhood days at the American Legion, a place he gave every ounce of his soul. His stories, whether it be a holiday or not, were filled with insight of respect and preservation of our history.  As a child I am not sure I could fully appreciate his passion but as an adult I would give anything for one more day.

Both Bryan and I have several family members who are currently serving or have served our country.  While I wish I had a picture of each and every one of them to pay our respects to today, we hope they ALL know that we are thankful for their courage, strength and will to serve our country...

No comments:

Post a Comment