With less things planned this year, the kids and I had plenty of time to do lots of crafting.
Emily made some wrapping paper...
All of the kids made their very own salt dough ornaments again this year. Emily was working on a special pink angel named Cousin Alison, then gifted it to her when we visited later in the month...
No bakes, frosted cream cheese sugar cookies, chocolate chip and butterscotch chip cookies along with a new one this year, peanut butter and chocolate rice crispy rounds...
It is hard to believe that in just a few more sleeps we will be celebrating the greatest birthday of all!
Emily made some wrapping paper...

Jack was obsessed with the backwards "J" for Jack, not to be confused with a candy cane...
Earlier in the day Jack and Charlie and I were driving down College Way in Mount Vernon, turning onto Riverside Drive when Jack began YELLING, "Oh no! Oh no! The coffee is missing!" When I looked back to see what he was talking about he was pointing directly at Starbucks in utter panic. I asked him what was wrong and he instantly told me repeatedly, "Mom, I NEED a coffee!" Seriously, I spent the last FIVE years drinking decaf coffee and now it is starting all over again!
The following evening the kids and I made our THIRD round of Christmas cookies. I underestimated how many plates we were serving up this year the first time and the third time was mostly for us to have some leftovers!No bakes, frosted cream cheese sugar cookies, chocolate chip and butterscotch chip cookies along with a new one this year, peanut butter and chocolate rice crispy rounds...
Emily was feeling a little ambitious and told be she was going to draw a picture "of what Christmas was REALLY about"...
This is by far my favorite masterpiece to date! Many angels singing in the night sky, three wise men (well she asked if one of the men could be a wise woman and wear pink!), a shepherd and Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus. LOVE IT!When the kids aren't crafting they were spending the majority of their time acting out the story of His birth with their Little People and Charlie Brown sets. Listening to Emily and Jack act out all of the people with such conviction melts my heart and makes me proud...
We are counting down the number of days in a few different forms, but this one is still my favorite...It is hard to believe that in just a few more sleeps we will be celebrating the greatest birthday of all!









No comments:
Post a Comment