This school year has proved to be more challenging for me than I imagined. It has been a big adjustment for the kids (and me) not having my mom around since she is living mostly down at Jenny's house and taking care of Baby Olivia while Auntie Jenny is doing her principal internship this year. Long gone are the days of calling up Grandma Emily and asking her to watch one of the kids while I take the other two to the doctor, Grandma mornings while Emily is at preschool and all of the other times when I would just pop by and visit. While the option of HELP is no longer, that is not what I miss most. I simply miss the option of seeing my mom any time I wish.
With that said, I would not change a thing. I LOVE my sister more than anything and know that it is a blessing for her and Olivia to have my mom right now. There is nothing better than knowing that your child is being taken care of someone who loves your children as much as you.
With that said as well, I should mention my other SAVING GRACE. My Dad and I have alwasys been exceptionally close. I call him for EVERYTHING. One time, when Emily was only a few days old, I woke up to the fire alarm going off. Bryan was out of town and Jenny was staying with me. One might think that I would call 911, but it never crossed my mind. I sheltered my new baby in my sister's arms, took a look around on my own and then called my dad. At 3am he showed up at my house, inspected everything and determined it safe for us to go back in.
Last week I had a dead battery in 33 degree weather. The kids and I were FREEZING cold and nobody around me had jumper cables so what did I do...yes, I called my dad. Cast, crutches and all he arrived 15 minutes later and fixed me up. I have AAA and FORD service for these kinds of situations but I can't help my instinct. I just call my dad.
The next day he saved me again. Emily had her preschool Christmas performance and I had nobody to watch the boys. He offered to watch BOTH of them within seconds of me explaining my dilema (I had NO intentions of asking him to watch the boys on crutches). Knowing how crazy Charlie is right now I opted to take him with me but was incredibly grateful that Jack did not have to come. Jack and my dad literally sat and played tractors the ENTIRE time, making Jack one happy little boy...
A few days later Grandma Emily, Auntie Jenny and Olivia came over...
With that said, I would not change a thing. I LOVE my sister more than anything and know that it is a blessing for her and Olivia to have my mom right now. There is nothing better than knowing that your child is being taken care of someone who loves your children as much as you.
With that said as well, I should mention my other SAVING GRACE. My Dad and I have alwasys been exceptionally close. I call him for EVERYTHING. One time, when Emily was only a few days old, I woke up to the fire alarm going off. Bryan was out of town and Jenny was staying with me. One might think that I would call 911, but it never crossed my mind. I sheltered my new baby in my sister's arms, took a look around on my own and then called my dad. At 3am he showed up at my house, inspected everything and determined it safe for us to go back in.
Last week I had a dead battery in 33 degree weather. The kids and I were FREEZING cold and nobody around me had jumper cables so what did I do...yes, I called my dad. Cast, crutches and all he arrived 15 minutes later and fixed me up. I have AAA and FORD service for these kinds of situations but I can't help my instinct. I just call my dad.
The next day he saved me again. Emily had her preschool Christmas performance and I had nobody to watch the boys. He offered to watch BOTH of them within seconds of me explaining my dilema (I had NO intentions of asking him to watch the boys on crutches). Knowing how crazy Charlie is right now I opted to take him with me but was incredibly grateful that Jack did not have to come. Jack and my dad literally sat and played tractors the ENTIRE time, making Jack one happy little boy...
A few days later Grandma Emily, Auntie Jenny and Olivia came over...
Emily loves nothing more than snuggling up with a good book...
And Charlie loves nothing more than this baby. He might kiss and hug her one hundred times in a single day...
We had a lot of fun doing absolutely nothing. These kids are all the entertainment we need...
Auntie Jenny and Olivia went back just as Daddy came home for winter vacation. In all of the years we have been together Bryan has never been completely home for this vacation. The kids have been MISSING him lately so he promised TWO full weeks of family time (with maybe just a little working from home).
The kids and I played all day Monday and Tuesday as we eagerly awaited his arrival home...
Tuesday night he kicked off our time together and surprised the kids with a movie theater night in our bedroom, fully equipped with the projector showing the Polar Express on the wall. The kids were mesmorized to say the least...




No comments:
Post a Comment