On the Sunday after Thanksgiving I caught wind of a FREE photo shoot with Santa at a local nursery. The kids were in good spirits after mass and I was determined to give it a shot this year. In general I LOVE traditions but pictures of Santa have never really made my list. I have one of Emily when she was 4 months old and last year Charlie made his debut at the mall as we did a last minute, "PLEASE, can I get my picture taken with Santa" request from Emily. Jack has NEVER wanted anything to do with silly man in the big red suit and honestly I am just fine with that.
The line at the nursery was longer than I imagined but I was assured by seasonal veterans that it was nothing like it would be the following week. They had an assortment of activities for the kids to play with while they waited in line and the cafe and gift shop were open, allowing Bryan some time to elude the line and chase after Charlie.
While I do not have the "professional" picture yet, this is what I managed to capture...
Emily LOVED it, Charlie HATED it and Jack was obsessed with the fact that he had just pooped his pants...
We only left Charlie with Santa for about 30 seconds and then snatched him back in our arms while Emily and Jack told Santa what they wanted for Christmas this year. Emily wants an American Girl Doll that looks just like her and Jack wants a rocket...
Poor Jack. As soon as I uploaded these pictures he sat down and pointed to the picture and said, "There's Emily. There's Santa. There's Charlie...and OH NO! Jack has poop in his pants. EWWWW!" The poor kiddo must have been traumatized to have remembered all the details a week later...
The line at the nursery was longer than I imagined but I was assured by seasonal veterans that it was nothing like it would be the following week. They had an assortment of activities for the kids to play with while they waited in line and the cafe and gift shop were open, allowing Bryan some time to elude the line and chase after Charlie.
While I do not have the "professional" picture yet, this is what I managed to capture...
Emily LOVED it, Charlie HATED it and Jack was obsessed with the fact that he had just pooped his pants...
Poor Jack. As soon as I uploaded these pictures he sat down and pointed to the picture and said, "There's Emily. There's Santa. There's Charlie...and OH NO! Jack has poop in his pants. EWWWW!" The poor kiddo must have been traumatized to have remembered all the details a week later...
After pictures we headed over to the gift store to check out all of the beautiful trees. Emily was enamored with this pink and purple tree and a mermaid tree while Jack LOVED the tractor tree. I got a quick pic of her standing in front of it, mouth full of candy canes and all...
No comments:
Post a Comment