When the snow began to melt we began itching for some more entertainment. Lucky for us Auntie Jenny and Olivia came to visit. They had been sitting at home with NO POWER for over five days and Jenny had finally had enough. Making every meal outside on the gas BBQ, no hot water for showers and no laundry made for too much work for this momma and we were more than happy to see them...
My cousin Rachel gave my mom all of Ava's old stuff to help entertain Olivia when she is visiting...


Emily performed a few songs on the mini piano. She is BEGGING me for piano lessons but first we need to get a piano! Anyone have a piano they don't want?
The next day we did some painting while the weather outside stormed and washed away the last of our snow. The kids were bummed so we decided to craft some snowmen...

I didn't let Charlie get in on the action the day before and there was no keeping it from him another day. I mixed up my first batch of edible paint (THANKS JEN) and it was a hit!

On Friday evening we headed up to my grandparents house for a farewell party for my cousin Nathan as he left to join the Navy. I only took one picture the entire time we were there...
I LOVE these two and all their silly ways...


Jack fell asleep on the way up and slept a good hour or so through all of the chaos...

Emily and Grace being silly as usual...
Jack woke up and joined right in on the fun...

After our bellies were full and our kids began to quiet down a bit, they headed to the other room to play some pool....



Emily and Jack have really been into board games and card games lately and decided to play a little UNO with Auntie Carmen and Grandma Jones...
Just before we left (Jack was yelling to go home and Charlie was FUSSY) Bryan tried to work a little stay-here-longer magic for us with a book. It didn't quite work so we caved and made our way back
home...
My cousin Rachel gave my mom all of Ava's old stuff to help entertain Olivia when she is visiting...
My friend Kerri gave away her daughters doll house to Emily a few months back. Emily decided that she wanted to keep the "new" one and give Grandma Emily her old one. It is now the official home to all of the old bears and bear furniture my sister and I played with as kids...
Jack was feeling great the whole afternoon but he looked terrible. He broke out in a terrible case of the hives which we later linked to kiwis of all things...Emily performed a few songs on the mini piano. She is BEGGING me for piano lessons but first we need to get a piano! Anyone have a piano they don't want?
There was lots of taste testing with no worries...
A few days later the kids were hanging out, playing computer when I noticed that it was a little too quiet. Charlie is not a child you want to leave unattended for any amount of time but when I found him with Bryan's empty flask I kind of had to chuckle to myself....motorcycle shirt and a flask...am I seeing the future? I pray not!On Friday evening we headed up to my grandparents house for a farewell party for my cousin Nathan as he left to join the Navy. I only took one picture the entire time we were there...
The next day we headed up to Nooksack for Grandpa Larson's 79th birthday party. Grandma Jones did a fabulous job finding this location, a friends barn, with plenty of room for all of the Larsons. Emily and Charlie headed straight to the air hockey table to get in on the actions...
One thing I LOVE about getting together with the Larson side of the family is seeing all of the family from Forks. The kids are just a bit older and incredibly helpful in rounding up and taking care of all of the little ones around...
Grandpa Jones with the two littlest ones...Emily and Grace being silly as usual...
Jack woke up and joined right in on the fun...
The kids were fascinated by the Larson Baby Olivia...
This was the best picture I could get of Grandma and Grandpa Larson all night. I LOVE that there is a swarm of kids everywhere in this picture and you can really get a sense for how much fun this night was...After our bellies were full and our kids began to quiet down a bit, they headed to the other room to play some pool....
Just before we left (Jack was yelling to go home and Charlie was FUSSY) Bryan tried to work a little stay-here-longer magic for us with a book. It didn't quite work so we caved and made our way back
home...
No comments:
Post a Comment