On THURSDAY (you know way back in JULY!) the kids continued their routine of waking up, putting on their swim suits and taking advantage of our very own campground water park...
I think the FUN was contagious...
Later that afternoon we took a walk on the trails with hopes of finding the baby salmon in the stream...
Can you see them swimming around in there?
The baby fishies were hard to see but the scenery along the trail made up for it..
By the end of our walk Bryan helped me out and took BOTH of the boys...
After our walk the kids spent some time hanging out around camp...
Then we all feasted on our Mexican themed night...
We played a game of T-ball...
THURSDAY'S shirts featured their dinosaur shirts...
We ended our night playing some games...
toasting...
...and just plain having fun together...
FRIDAY:
We had Grandma Emily's homemade jam for breakfast...
Emily and Jack had a slow morning while Charlie was in full force...
We headed to the park early in the morning to take our daily picture. Jenny made these shirts for ALL of us to wear...
Since it was Friday the campground started to fill up and there were lots of kid to play with at the park...
After a good morning at the park we headed back to camp to play...
Their grandma took Emily and Taylor on a walk with their dogs...
Then the girls returned to bounce and play. They literally did not stop playing with each other the entire day...
On Saturday the guy camped next to us offered to take Jack on a real motorcycle ride. He is usually too timid to even get on the John Deere so I was completely surprised with his eagerness to get on the motorcycle...
Back at camp the kids played with their new friends...
Then we took a walk on the trails with their mommy, daddy and grandpa and the kids got to each take care of a dog...
By the time we got back we were wiped out...
My baby...
Later (much, much later to be exact) we put the kids to bed and decided to have a little fun. I am not much of a drinker, in fact it had been over EIGHT years since I had officially been '"drunk" but for some reason I lost count and by 10pm "Happy Anne" came out...
I honestly can't believe I am going to post this but since this will not occur again for at least eight more years I am hoping it is safe. Shouldn't we all be aloud to completely cut loose once every eight years?
It was hard to leave, something I don't usually feel after being gone TWO full weeks, but as soon as we pulled into our house we were already anticipating our next adventure.
I think the FUN was contagious...
Squirting father-in-law while he is trying to fly a kite is always a good way to earn some extra points...
Even thought there was little to no wind we were determined to get the dragon kite up into the air...Later that afternoon we took a walk on the trails with hopes of finding the baby salmon in the stream...
Can you see them swimming around in there?
The baby fishies were hard to see but the scenery along the trail made up for it..
By the end of our walk Bryan helped me out and took BOTH of the boys...
After our walk the kids spent some time hanging out around camp...
Then we all feasted on our Mexican themed night...
We played a game of T-ball...
THURSDAY'S shirts featured their dinosaur shirts...
We ended our night playing some games...
toasting...
...and just plain having fun together...
FRIDAY:
We had Grandma Emily's homemade jam for breakfast...
Emily and Jack had a slow morning while Charlie was in full force...
We headed to the park early in the morning to take our daily picture. Jenny made these shirts for ALL of us to wear...
Since it was Friday the campground started to fill up and there were lots of kid to play with at the park...
After a good morning at the park we headed back to camp to play...
They must have had a FUN morning because this is how I found Jack a little while later...
Later that afternoon I took the kids on a bike ride through some of the loops and heard someone calling out my name. Lucky us ran into some friends of mine from years back and our kids quickly became the best of buds. Their little guy, Austin, is a little bit younger than Charlie and their daughter, Taylor, is the same age as Emily...Their grandma took Emily and Taylor on a walk with their dogs...
Then the girls returned to bounce and play. They literally did not stop playing with each other the entire day...
Zach came up on Friday and Grandma Emily went back home. We spent that evening celebrating Olivia's "original" (like Emily says) birthday...
SATURDAY:On Saturday the guy camped next to us offered to take Jack on a real motorcycle ride. He is usually too timid to even get on the John Deere so I was completely surprised with his eagerness to get on the motorcycle...
Back at camp the kids played with their new friends...
Then we took a walk on the trails with their mommy, daddy and grandpa and the kids got to each take care of a dog...
By the time we got back we were wiped out...
Emily looks like a giant compared to Taylor. It is hard to believe they are both in Kindergarten this year...
Bryan made some tasty concoction out of the left over cupcakes...My baby...
Later (much, much later to be exact) we put the kids to bed and decided to have a little fun. I am not much of a drinker, in fact it had been over EIGHT years since I had officially been '"drunk" but for some reason I lost count and by 10pm "Happy Anne" came out...
I honestly can't believe I am going to post this but since this will not occur again for at least eight more years I am hoping it is safe. Shouldn't we all be aloud to completely cut loose once every eight years?
Some how I got hold of a headlight...I am not going to torture with the rest...
On SUNDAY morning we all got up early and packed up to go home. I wasn't much help but thankfully my husband was very understanding.It was hard to leave, something I don't usually feel after being gone TWO full weeks, but as soon as we pulled into our house we were already anticipating our next adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment