Emily and Jack had been asking for an "under the sea" birthday themed party since the day after they celebrated their birthdays the year prior. I had been working on making a perfect combination of mermaids and sea creatures when the summer arrived and our kids were over taken with ANGRY BIRDS. It didn't take much convincing from Dad that they should have an Angry Birds birthday party since it was ALL they talked about anyway. Since I had never (and still have never) played Angry Birds I had to do a little research but thankfully there were some inspirational ideas out there on the Internet to help guide me along. I wouldn't say it was a "cute" party but it sure was A LOT of FUN!
The INVITATION...
Then opened their gifts from Grandma Emily and their friends...
Well into the afternoon all of our friends and family headed home with the exception of the Pearsons. The kids played and played with the kids' new toys late into the afternoon until they literally began to drop.
I had NO idea Angry Birds could be so much fun! I LOVED this party! It was fun to put together (even for someone who has never played the game) but even more fun to watch the kids thoroughly enjoy the entire afternoon!
The INVITATION...
The DETAILS...
I wanted the day to be loaded with lots of fun for all of Jack and Emily's friends so I made a variety of Angry Birds games for the kids to play...
I must have painted at least 15 Angry Birds balls, a variety to make each kiddo happy, and then filled the bounce house with the balls...
The pinata got a little smushed on the drive over but after a few hits you couldn't even tell...
The FOOD...
PARTY GIFTS...
Angry Birds shirts...
I couldn't get enough of her cuteness, especially with her little Angry Bird tattoo...
Even Uncle Zach picked up a shirt for the party!
The kids opened their presents from family before their friends arrived...
Then they were off playing games...
Jack and Annie knew about the Jeep from a few weekends back and had a great time driving THROUGH the Angry Bird bricks...
The kids searched for GOLDEN EGGS all over the yard...
Each kid would either run back handfuls to their parents or carry in them in the front of their shirt...
They got some energy with a second helping of snacks...
Then we got out the pinata...
We sang "Happy Birthday" to both Emily and Jack...Then opened their gifts from Grandma Emily and their friends...
Well into the afternoon all of our friends and family headed home with the exception of the Pearsons. The kids played and played with the kids' new toys late into the afternoon until they literally began to drop.
I had NO idea Angry Birds could be so much fun! I LOVED this party! It was fun to put together (even for someone who has never played the game) but even more fun to watch the kids thoroughly enjoy the entire afternoon!












No comments:
Post a Comment