This year, like last year, we really scaled back during Christmas. We focused on the importance of helping others and for the first time the kids went with me as we dropped off the gifts for the families we had adopted. Charlie did not understand the whole process at all while Jack was a little more aware that ALL of the toys and clothes in mommy and daddy's room were for other kiddoes. Emily on the other hand was very aware and concerned. The idea that some kids had NEVER had new toys or clothes before was a little overwhelming for her, bringing her a little more concern than I had anticipated. But a few weeks after we had delivered the presents, her prayers at night began to change from things about herself to concepts like, "I prayer that all children will have warm coats so that they are not cold in the winter," and "I prayer that all children get new toys if they do not have any to play with." Her kindness never ceases to amaze me and I pray that the gift of giving is past on to her.
Since all of the homemade gifts were such a hit last year I stuck to them again this year.
The first project I attempted was Emily's Christmas dress...
And I made her a tee-pee as well...


I kept things a little simpler for the boys. Charlie thinks that he IS Mr. Incredible so I made he and Jack both shirts with detachable caps and matching masks...
I made some sisters each a bag for church. There is plenty of room inside of a bible and pocket for extra accessories. On the outside there is a pouch sewn to hold individual crayons to keep them busy in between...
This same momma ordered a felt camping set for her kids as well. This was one of my favorite projects of the season and the kids did NOT want to let it go...
...as well as some felt envelopes for pretend play...
During the heat of Christmas sewing I made a made few baby gifts for Bryan's cousin and his wife's brand new baby, Hank...

Since all of the homemade gifts were such a hit last year I stuck to them again this year.
The first project I attempted was Emily's Christmas dress...
...and matching ties for Bryan and the boys. They never wore them since we didn't get to go up to Nooksack for Christmas Eve so here's a little preview of what they will be wearing next year!
Jenny requested a bean bag for Olivia for Christmas...
For her Godparent gift I made Olivia an advent calendar. I literally started making the ornaments last summer and barely finished in time for Christmas...
Emily was itching for some American Girl Doll stuff but I just couldn't bring myself to paying the price. I made her a tent for her AG pets...
I also sewed bedding for the bunk bed my dad made for her for Christmas. I LOVE the way the bunk bed turned out!I kept things a little simpler for the boys. Charlie thinks that he IS Mr. Incredible so I made he and Jack both shirts with detachable caps and matching masks...
And some matching church shirts for the boys and a skirt for Emily...
The kids each got their own CHARLIE BROWN Christmas pillow to sleep on...
I had a few friends order some stuff for their kids for Christmas...
This same momma ordered a felt camping set for her kids as well. This was one of my favorite projects of the season and the kids did NOT want to let it go...
...as well as some felt envelopes for pretend play...
A few shirts for another friend...
During the heat of Christmas sewing I made a made few baby gifts for Bryan's cousin and his wife's brand new baby, Hank...








No comments:
Post a Comment