Trying to plan a party for both Emily and Jack was a little bit challenging but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined. My challenge was making it appropriate for both a boy and a girl and this year was a little different because I needed to provide games/activities for the kids since Emily was turning three. I didn't spend too much time fussy over things and I wanted to be very practical so I made everything.... yes...every little item down to the party gifts.
The prep work included...
A little bubble time...
Thank you hugs for birthday gifts...
Jack was all about the truck Jenny and Zach got him. He is in it every single day...and don't you love the Michael Jordan tongue action?
My handsome boys...
Pinata time...




There was just one more present from Auntie Jenny and Uncle Zach that we left for the end...
What could it be.....
Presenting Butch the cat...(it's a girl but she is named after the Cougar mascot...)
I am so blessed to have such an amazing family...
The two Emily's...they are two spectacular people...
Uncle Zach helped Jack go for one last ride...
All tuckered out after all her guests left...
The prep work included...
Personalized tee shirts that matched their own table cloths (Emily's was pink and green and Jack's was camo with blue) For partying gifts the girls got their candy filled bean bag, a princess wand, chalk and some bubbles. For the boys it was the same but the wand was replaced with a dinosaur. I placed them in little cans and then painted each child's name on them.Pictures of the shirts are in pictures that follow...
A princess crown for Emily since she now loves princesses...
Pom poms and a banner as decoration



After pizza and some alphabet pasta for Emily, the kids played in the yard for a while before we started our first game...Pin your face on the tractor!
Cousin Grace...
Um...yes that is my cheater pants Emily peeking from under the blind fold...
Yay Jack...
Even Max took a turn...
It wasn't cupcake time yet but Emily just needed a little taste to hold her over..
Game number two...the bean bag toss...



Jack had a little more fun trying to convince Grandpa Jim to open his candy bean bag...
Cupcake time..





Three of my favorite people...
Jake was testing out Emily's new tricycle...
All the cousins...My cousin Grace with Jack, Emily, Jake and Max and Gracie...
Two games ( I wanted all of the kids to feel part of the special day so I was careful to create games that had pictures of all the little attendees. There was a candy filled bean bag toss where the kids threw the bags through their own face. Then we had pin your own face on the tractor. These games were so incredibly easy to make and inexpensive!)

Last, I did buy a pinata but next year I will definitely make it. Emily didn't want a pinata until the night before so I had to make a quick trip to the store. We went with the safe choice, a cupcake, since she had a melt down at her cousin's party when everyone was "hurting the owl."
And then the party began..
And then the party began..

Cousin Grace...
It was such an amazing day!
Always amazed with your talent!!! Maybe you should start party planning. Seriously...Parents magazine should do an article on you :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and you are looking fantastic.