We started off with a whole day of baking. Grandma Emily came over and watched the boys while Emily and I made batches of rice crispy cookies, no bakes, chocolate brownies with frosting and sugar cookies. We decorated them all and then piled them high before we delivered them to all of the neighbors for Christmas.
We left some sugar cookies to the side for a special play date activity...
I saw this little Christmas tree while I was out shopping a few weeks ago as a surprise for Emily. She was so dissappointed that she didn't get her very own little Christmas tree from the tree farm so I thought this might be a good replacement. The hot pink color did the job but we needed a few more ornaments to spruce it up so we got to work.
I bought some glass ornaments on clearance, found some silver and hot pink glitter in the cupboard, got out a paint brush and some glue and Emily went at it...
When they were all done drying I got down her tree from her dresser for her to decorate...
Ariel LOVED the tree...As did Jessie and a few ponies...
I think this little tree turned out pretty fancy. I love the glittered ornaments intermixed with the shiny Charlie Brown ones...
The crafting didn't stop there but I am going to wait to post about those until after we give out our gifts so we don't spoil any surprises!

No comments:
Post a Comment