Before I began my Christmas sewing this year, I decided I had better take a few pictures of some things I finished over the past few months. I made several shoes, blankets, embelished onesies, aprons etc. as gifts during the fall but forgot to take a single picture of them. I did however remember to take some pictures of a few items I made for Auntie Jenny in November.
I FINALLY finished Olivia's quilt. I LOVE the fabric but most of all I LOVE that the ribbon I used for the binding was from a quilt my mom started for Jenny over 30 years ago but never had the time to finish!
Jenny sent me a bag of mismatched and mis-shapen burp cloths and turned it into a floor blanket for Olivia...
Jenny also gave me a bag of cloth diapers and asked me to embelish them so that she could use them as burp rags...
Last of all I made this SUPER soft bib for Baby Olivia. I can't wait to see it nuzzled around her sweet little neck when she takes her first bite...
Charlie doesn't go ANYWHERE without his taggie blankie. That and the fact that his favorite activity is chasing the kids around the house roaring like a dinosaur gave me an idea...a taggie dinosaur...
With Emily's imagination in FULL throttle ALL day, EVERY day I thought a finger puppet stage and fingers puppets might be the perfect gift for her...
...as well as their very own dinosaur tails to wear around the house on Saturday mornings...
I had a few people ask me to make them some gifts for their kids as well. I made a few more towels (no pictures), a bean bag, a taggie blanket and a few tool belts...
I made a few felt family books(one for the Mitchells and one for the Lautenbachs)...
Last of all I made a few Baby Jesus ornaments for a few special peeps...
I FINALLY finished Olivia's quilt. I LOVE the fabric but most of all I LOVE that the ribbon I used for the binding was from a quilt my mom started for Jenny over 30 years ago but never had the time to finish!
Jenny sent me a bag of mismatched and mis-shapen burp cloths and turned it into a floor blanket for Olivia...
Jenny also gave me a bag of cloth diapers and asked me to embelish them so that she could use them as burp rags...
Last of all I made this SUPER soft bib for Baby Olivia. I can't wait to see it nuzzled around her sweet little neck when she takes her first bite...
Emily became OBSESSED with the story, The Princess and the Pea, this fall so I bought her a new copy of the book and made her this set to go along with it...
Onto the CHRISTMAS gifts...Charlie doesn't go ANYWHERE without his taggie blankie. That and the fact that his favorite activity is chasing the kids around the house roaring like a dinosaur gave me an idea...a taggie dinosaur...
With Emily's imagination in FULL throttle ALL day, EVERY day I thought a finger puppet stage and fingers puppets might be the perfect gift for her...
I attempted a mermaid doll for her as well...
Since all of the kids LOVE pretending they are dinosaurs I decided to make them each a dinosaur towel... ...as well as their very own dinosaur tails to wear around the house on Saturday mornings...

I also made these family picture cards for Charlie. I LOVE Modge Podging stuff and this cork board is the best. One side has a simple print and the other side has the family picture...
I started working on our Grandparent gifts last January. Each month I attempted one piece of artwork until I finally had each month. My inital thought was to make a calendar but in the end I opted to scan each piece and make it into one picture and frame it...
That was a whole lot of sewing in a short amount of time but I am so thankful that I got it all done!















No comments:
Post a Comment