Friday, May 4, 2012

my boys...


I feel like I blinked and these little boys got so grown up.  I still think of the boys as my babies and of Emily as my big girl but over the last few weeks these two have caught me off guard more than once with their big boy behavior.

Last week Jack and I were having some one-on-one time and I realized that I had never asked him to write his name before.  With Emily we had been doing these "preschool" activities from an early age but with Jack I usually play trains, color, build towers...those kinds of things.  I got out a huge piece of paper and we practiced gluing objects to make his letters.  Then I made some dotted lines and asked him to trace his name.  I was shocked at how well he traced so I asked him to try it all by himself and to my surprise he did it!  As thrilled as I was I have to admit that I just wasn't ready for it...
He really is the sweetest boy I have ever laid eyes on.  Tender and kind, gentle and timid...he is nothing like I imagined a little boy would be and yet he is everything I always dreamed of.  I am so proud of the little person he is...
This little guy has been cracking me up these days.  From his gritty little voice to his crazy expressions, I really never know what to expect with Charlie.  While I am sure he will be the first to give us a few gray hairs I wouldn't trade his spunk for anything.  He is definitely ONE of a kind and I love it that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment