On Saturday morning Jack was a puddle of tears as Bryan left for work so I quickly hatched up some activities to help alleviate some of the tears. I got out a huge piece of butcher paper and we painted away. I loved the work the kids were doing so we decided to make it into a ginormous congratulations card for Auntie Jenny and Uncle Zach....
I love that while Emily meticulously contemplates over each stroke, Jack uses cars driving through paint to form his works of art...
After I cleaned up the kids, I packed them up and headed to the MV Street Fair down town. I had a migraine and was exhausted but really didn't want to miss out on this tradition so I was so happy Uncle Mike decided to join me. To make things even better, Uncle Mike gave me my WINNINGS from the tourney bracket. It immediately began to burn a hole in my pocket. I had planned on taking my wonderful husband to dinner with the money but as usual, it all went to the kids.
First purchase,.. a choo-choo hat for Jack...
Second purchase...balloons from the clown...
Third purchase...cotton candy for the kids...
Jack was soooo tired but managed one little bite...
Fourth and final purchase...fairy wings and a crown...
This little princess LOVES her uncle more than words can express...
Later that evening we all headed down to Anthony's Home Port in Everett to celebrate Auntie Jenny and Uncle Zach's pregnancy. We have celebrated all family events at Anthony's (in Everett) for as long as I can remember and we are hoping that with our growing families we are able to continue this tradition. The adult to kid ratio is still in our favor but I do have to say that all three kids sat and were perfectly behaved for the full two hours. My prayers were answered this particular evening...
Jack ended up watching Thomas on Bryan's phone. This may sound like "cheating" but it helped him get through the dinner happily and quietly...On Sunday we all went to mass and celebrated Palm Sunday. Then Bryan headed back to work and the kids and I headed up to Nooksack for third Sunday dinner with the Joneses. We celebrate Thanksgiving with the Jones/Larsons family and Easter with my family so this third Sunday was kind of an early Easter celebration for us...
Grandma Jones let the kids dye Easter eggs...Poor Jack didn't know that the tablet in the cup was food coloring and not candy. He picked and wiped his tongue over and over again trying to get the taste and color off his tongue...
Grandma wrote their name on each egg while we stripped them down to their underwear...
Love these two precious girls and LOVE those precious little pig tails Grace was sporting...The DeHoogs left early and the Lautenbachs arrived late so the kids had a little one-on-one time with each family. Around 3pm we ushered the kids outside to help them burn off a little energy...
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE weekends like this. The only thing better would have been having Bryan with us. I am so grateful for all of his hard work and I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be home with the kids. He has taken on a lot this year...principal at a K-8 elementary school that serves around 700 plus students as well as working on his principal professional certification. I am so proud him and know that it is because of his hard work that the kids and I fortunate to spend our days together.

Hey so we're not the only ones who use videos-of-trains as entertainment to passify tired/wiggly/cranky children! :-D It works quite nicely doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteWhat fun memories! :-) It's good to keep things in perspective too. Looking forward to seeing you at Easter!