Friday, April 22, 2011

stroller rides, play dates and TUILP TOWN...

Now that the weather has been half way descent, the boys and I have been going for a morning run while Emily is at pre school.  They absolutely love riding in the stroller and it is good motivation to get out there and exercise...
If I am lucky they will both fall asleep, I park the stroller in the living room and get to work cleaning the house with TWO hands...
On Tuesday Ella came home from pre school with Emily to give her mommy some time to do some stuff at her house.  Since Ella and her mommy told me that they are not a crafting house I promised them both we would do a day of crafts.

I had the kids change into some "camping clothes" and we headed to the backyard to paint with sidewalk paint...
Jack won the first award for messiest kid in the back yard.  He mixed all the bowls of paint with shovels full of sand so the girls decided they wanted to come inside for awhile...
They played in Emily's room for about an hour and then Ella reminded me that she really wanted to dye Easter eggs since she has never died eggs before.  She has been asking me this every day after pre school for a few weeks now so I didn't want to let her down.  Thank goodness we have a large stockpile of hollowed out eggs ready for Easter...
He looks pretty innocent right now, but shortly after I took this picture he decided to dump the entire bowl of food coloring over his head....
Once all the eggs were colored and dried the kids began filling them with confetti.  We have been doing confetti eggs for the last few Easters and Emily LOVES it.  She asks about them all year long but I never give in, making it a special Easter activity for Easter day...
When they were all finished we sealed them up, gave Ella some to take home with her and then headed to Ella's house...
Later that evening the kids and I went on a walk.  Emily was pretending to be the mommy and tested out the back pack...
On Wednesday the kids, my mom and I all headed to Tulip Town.  Last year I ventured here by myself with the kids and quickly learned that with three I had better come with an extra set of hands.  As soon as we walked in the building Emily literally ran to the face painting booth...
She knew before she sat down, exactly what she wanted.  Grandma and I tried to persuade her to do a princess face or butterflies but there was no talking her out of it.  Honestly I LOVE that she knows exactly what she wants I just knew it was going to be hard to clean later on...
She sat so patiently for over 20 minutes...
TAAADAAAA...
Jack was adamant that he did not want his face painted so we headed out to the tulips fields to ride the "choo-choo tosh"...
 It was a bumpy, fun filled ride and Jack absolutely LOVED it... 
The tulips were in full bloom and were absolutely amazing...
Without the farmers and these hard working workers we wouldn't have such an amazing event to look forward to...
Back on the tractor the kids were loving the view...
But once we got off it was all about running through the rows of tulips...
 
I love days like this.

I  have days where I just want to pick up and move to somewhere unknown, new and ready to discover. 

Then there are days like this day when I am reminded of why we live right where we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment