
Monday was my grandpa's funeral. The rained came down like water shooting from a garden hose and the wind chilled every inch of our bodies but once the service began the conditions of the weather and any other worry in the world was lost in the importance of remembering a wonderful person. I know my dad agonized over every decision of the service, hoping that it was just right and it was. The words spoken ached my heart, the presentation from the service men moved me beyond words and when a single service man played Taps my sniffling tears turned into a babbling ugly cry.
There is not a day that goes by that I don't find myself thinking of my grandpa. Sometimes the memories bring a smile to my face while other times I find myself trying to swallow the lump forming in my throat and struggle to keep myself composed.
My mom sent me this psalm to include in my grandpa's funeral. I read it every day. It reminds me of all the little things that made my grandpa happy, make my father happy and my own family as well. I love knowing that his passions have trickled their way down and spread through our lives forever...
As you stand upon a shore,
Gazing at the beautiful sea, remember me.
As you look upon a flower and admire its
simplicity, remember me. Remember me
in your thoughts and memories, of the times
we loved, times we cried, and the times we laughed.
For if you always think of me, I will never be gone.
much love
ReplyDelete