Saturday, April 16, 2011

this and that...

This week started off with happy smiles as Emily finally got to go back to preschool.  She literally bounced down the hallway Tuesday morning, threw herself into her teacher's open arms and ran inside the room before I could kiss her good-bye.  I was so happy she was eager to get back since I was off to the doctor with Mr. Jack.

The night before he was a precious little guy, lounging around the house naked while he watched a good flick.  Not too long after I took this picture I left the room to put Emily to sleep...
About ten minutes later I came out of her room and was bombarded by Jack saying, "button, button, button in the nose."  He was trying to blow his nose and kept pointing to it.  All of a sudden one of my green sewing buttons came shooting out his nose.  I immediately grabbed him and began looking for more.  Neither Bryan or I could see anything else up his nose but Jack kept insisting there were more.  I massaged his left nostril for about 15 minutes and out came a blue button.  At this point I was getting worried.  Really...how many buttons can fit up a nose?

The rest of the night Jack pointed to his right nostril, picked at it and  kept repeating, "Button."  Since I hadn't removed any from his right nostril I assumed there must be one more lodged up there somewhere so the next morning I dropped Emily off at preschool and rushed him to the doctor.  After over an hour at the doctors office, the pediatrician available could not see anything else up there with the tools she had available so she sent us on over to an ENT.  By this point both boys were tired and it was almost time to pick Emily up from school so I enlisted some help.  My mom took Charlie and picked up Emily from preschool and Bryan met Jack and I at the ENT.  These are the times when I am so grateful that we live near family.  I don't know what I would have done if my mom were not available to help out.

The trip to the ENT was extremely unpleasant.  It took Bryan, myself and a nurse to hold done Jack while the doctor inserted cameras and other instruments up his nose.  By this point Jack was a mess and my heart ached for him.  He was so incredibly brave and as soon and the doctor let him get up, in true Jack form, he told the doctor, "thank you."  The doctor could not find another button but gave us some things to look for in the next few days.
We spent some time at Grandma Emily's doing what we do best...reading books, playing outside and going for LONG rides in the wagon...
Charlie has regained his ability to sit on his own (he has a three inch incision on his abdomen) and has decided that my jello molds make the best teethers.  They must have worked because he finally got his first tooth this week!
Jack is now FASCINATED with Butchie.  He is obsessed with holding, petting and feeding her treats...
On Wednesday evening we celebrated my uncle Brian and cousin Leah's birthday and combined it to make a going away party for Leah and her husband Jamal.  He is been called back to active duty and they are heading to off to the east coast until he is deployed...
ice cream cake topped with mounds of M&ms....I don't think it gets much better than that...
On Thursday my mom and Jack picked up Emily from preschool while my dad, Charlie and I went to Bellingham to pick up Uncle Mike from the airport.  We spent the afternoon visiting, eating lunch and then headed to the cemetery.  My Grandpa's head stone and flag pole were not ready yet but it was nice to have a quiet afternoon there...


My grandma and grandpa Moore...
...and my great grandma and grandpa Moore...

No comments:

Post a Comment