Saturday, December 21, 2013

AUGUST family fun...

We left straight from Winthrop to Grandpa Jim and Grandma Patti's house.  Bryan had to head back to work but we were not ready to be done camping so we set up at their house for the rest of the week!  We had been gone for a total of 5 weeks!

Grandpa and I took the kids crabbing while Bryan was at work...
...and we celebrated Uncle Mike's birthday...
I put the cake back in the trailer and came in to find THIS later on in the afternoon!
We took another trip out crabbing in preparation for the boys birthday party (previous post)...
I had never seen so many seals resting on the beach!
My dad honked and they moved much faster than we expected!
Auntie Jenny got this motorcycle for Olivia but Charlie is all over it when he is around...
I finally finished Emily's room...
We went back-to-school shopping with Cousin Grace...
Lots of matching outfits!
...and attended Accordion Fest...
Emily was crazy nervous for her performance but everyone was very reassuring!
A few other local performers...
Lots of dancing!
Grandma Emily, Uncle Mike and I took the kids up to the Lynden Fair one afternoon and met up with the DeHoogs and the Lautenbachs.  The kids were super excited to see Uncle Tom's pigs!
Do you see Charlie starting to freak out at the top?
And that would now be the guy pointing to him to come get him!
...and Grandma Emily went and saved the day!  She handed Charlie off to me and then the worker guy at the top went down with Jack simultaneously so he would not be scared.  He was my favorite carny of the day!!!
We got some more pictures of the pig and her ten precious babies...
All the cousins in a row...
One afternoon I took the kids to the local water park...
And my dad and I took Emily and Jack Humpy fishing while Charlie stayed with Grandma Emily...
Emily caught TWO fish that morning!
The days were fading quickly and September was definitely looming over us!

No comments:

Post a Comment