Sunday, December 15, 2013

BEVERLY BEACH STATE PARK...


Our third destination was to Newport, Oregon, my most favorite place in the world.  Since I was a little girl I have wanted to live in Newport and coming back with my own children made that dream even more present.  

As soon as we got to camp Jenny and I took the littles and headed into town to get some laundry done.  Poor Olivia had been up the night before with the stomach flu and had been sick in the truck ride down as well.  That, coupled with the fact that we had already been camping for over a week meant we had A LOT of laundry to do.

Our trip to the laundry mat is one that I will never forget.  I made good friends with all of the frequent visitors and we did our best to keep these littles occupied...
 It was Olivia's birthday so as soon as we finished up with all of the laundry we headed back to camp to celebrate with cupcakes and pizza!
The next morning we had a lot of cousin snuggle time after Emily joined our trailer (she slept in the motor home with Grandma and Grandpa since Auntie Jenny and Olivia slept with us)...
 The playground was right next to our campsite...

We decided to get an early start and head into Newport for the day.  Our first stop was to the candy shoppe, the same one we used to frequent quite often as kids.  I can still remember blue strings of candy rocks I used to buy and never wanted to eat because they were so pretty!
Then we made our way over to Mo's for the best lunch in town. 
As a kid this was always my favorite Mo's because I LOVED watching the fishing boats come in and the people clean their fish.  I have to admit that it warmed my heart to see my kiddoes gathered around on the same dock, fascinated by the fish cleaning going on below...
Once we got inside the tiny restaurant the festivities did not end...
On our way back to the car we stopped at the local toy store and bought a few presents for the kids.  Charlie picked out this pirate ensemble and took to character quite easily...
Then we packed up our gear and headed down to the beach for the day.  Grandpa Jim always has the most amazing kites and the kids were super excited to see the dragon take off...
Charlie got out his pirate gear and feeling pretty feisty!
He tuckered out pretty quickly though...
Olivia came down after a good sleep.  The poor baby got the stomach flu and spent most of our travels from Cape Lookout to Newport getting sick in the truck.  It was not exactly how we imagined her second birthday!
I am not sure it gets any better than a bag of salt water taffy at the ocean!

Bryan took a nap...
When we got back to camp we were super excited to see our bestest friends, the Pearsons!  They were joining us on our trip for the next four days so we started the evening off with another birthday party for Olivia..
 Jenny brought a pinata...
 That night we had three TIRED babies!
The next day we rallied all seven kids and headed to the Newport Aquarium...
The Pearson kiddoes even had matching shirts for the days they were with us!
The best part about this aquarium is the SHARK tunnel....
 You could even see the sharks swimming under your feet!
 The six BESTEST friends...
 The exhibits inside the aquarium are amazing.  I quickly remembered the reason that I was determined to be a marine biologist after visiting here my first time.  I didn't exactly go that route but it was my dream for a long time as a kid...
 Love this...

After the aquarium the kids were starving so we headed over to the Rouge Brewery for lunch.  You have to walk through the brewery to get to the restaurant and the hoppy smell was less that desirable for the kids...
Back at camp we decorated Grandma and Grandpa's campsite while they were away...
Our campsite...
The Pearson's....
And then painted our rocks...
Bryan and I purchased skim boards for each of the kids.  We don't do birthday presents since our summer camping adventure is full of fun surprises like this all the time...
Then we all piled in the truck and headed to the beach...
Annie...
Big Charlie...
Best friends...
It was so much fun watching all of the kids try out the skim boards...
A snowman made his way to the beach!
Love these two...
That night we settled the kids in with a round of warm chocolate...
After FOUR amazing days we finally had to head on back north and start our trip back in the other direction!
 We got one last group picture in our shirts...
Then the Pearsons headed to Lincoln City and we made our way to Nehalem Bay State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment