Friday, December 13, 2013

CAPE LOOKOUT STATE PARK...

We used to go to Cape Lookout as kids but somehow as adults this place was just as magical.  The weather at Cape Disappointment is NEVER good but just an hour or so down the coast and into Oregon it is like another world.  It was still a little chilly but the wind was calm and these littles were all about the beach...
These are a few of my favorite pictures all summer...
I took this picture looking back at the beach from the water.  It looks like I photo edited but I promise it is oh natural.  There was a bank of clouds sitting right on top of the trees (where our campsite was) but down on the beach it was beautiful!
I have been fascinated with sand dollars since I was little and lucky for me my children are as well...
Uncle Zach came down to join us with a cooler full of fun...
and these two set up their own little campfire on the beach for the two of them...
The rest of us got to work on a REAL sandcastle...
It wouldn't be a trip to the beach without Bryan jumping into the water!
After a BUSY afternoon the kids finally tuckered out so we headed up beach to our campfire hangout...
But it didn't take long for them to get their second wind...
We were literally at the beach for over 8 hours and eventually the tide made it's way to our moat...
While we were down the beach two little girls came to join us and play with the kids by their sand castle.  Emily ran over to me and told me that they went to the same school.  To be honest I did not believe her but I should have known better.  When Emily says something it is a rare moment that she is incorrect.  To our surprise the little girls did indeed attend West View as well and they became very quick companions.  They came to visit us at our campsite as soon as we headed back and played together all evening long...
That evening Patti and Zach went down to the beach to check out the sunset...
We spent the rest of the night sitting under the misty sky and telling stories by the fire...
We ended the night with a special drink made by the one and only, Grandma Patti and cheersed to 9 years of marriage...
The next morning we headed into town to visit the The Tillamook Cheese Factory, the Lighthouse and the Octopus Tree...
 We loaded up on ice cream, squeaky cheese and lots of goodies...

 We watched to workers make the cheese...
 The Light House was packed so and the stairway was treacherous so we made the littles stay behind with Grandma and Grandpa...
Inside the lighthouse...


After the Light House we made the long hike up hill to see the Octopus Tree...


The kids were still not tuckered out so we headed over to eat lunch at a local restaurant and took the kids to the nearby petting farm...
On our last FULL day we gathered around in our shirts for a fun picture of all of us.  The kids had matching shirts for the each day of the entire two weeks but we only had one day where we all wore the same shirt...
We spent the day playing at the beach and soaking up the sun...
You gotta love that this sweet little girl is ALWAYS the scary monster...
And my little boy who hates to be cold and has always been terrified of the water finally became a fish!
There has never been a question about who my bestest friend in the world is but this day in particular reminded me of why I am so blessed to have my sister.  For being my little sister it is I who looks up to her.  She is brave in all the ways that I am fearful, strong and intelligent and most of all the most thoughtful, selfless and caring person I know.  As I watched her with Jack on the particular day I remember tearing up and feeling overwhelmed with love as I witnessed such an amazing connection between them.  She stayed out in that FREEZING water for hours, twirling him in the air, swinging him to and fro until his little belly ached and he finally wore out.  I adore my sister and I am incredibly grateful for the love she spills upon our children...
On our very last day we packed up camp before noon and headed on down south to our next location.  Poor Uncle Zach had to take their trailer all the way home and Jenny and Olivia hitched a ride with us for the rest of the vacation...

No comments:

Post a Comment