This month has been ALL about Baby Jesus.
I took Emily to see my Grandpa Jack in his new home at Creekside for a breakfast with Santa. Jack had to stay home since he still has pneumonia but we were thinking about him.
Emily and Grace were so incredibly excited to see Santa and Mrs. Claus and quickly got in line to sit on their laps. I was so happy to see that Emily was not afraid. She jumped right up on Mrs. Claus's lap and waited to see what would happen. If I would have known what she was going to do next I would have definitely tried to capture each word on video. Mrs. Claus asked her what she would like for Christmas and Emily replied in her sweet little voice, "just a sewing machine so that I can make Baby Jesus a crown for his birthday." It was the most precious thing ever.

Emily has always loved playing with her nativity sets. My sister mailed her this one last year as an early Godmother gift. She will sit and act out the whole Christmas story with Baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the shepherd. She also LOVES the musical angel and animals and to her dismay so does Jack.
On this particular day she was busy loving and kissing Joseph and Baby Jesus when Jack interrupted her and took off with Mary and the shepherd...

She had started out on the couch but...
but after the rescue of Mary and the shepherd she moved to the top of the card table...
and we gave Jack the farm set to play with...
I love that Emily is truly understanding more and more about what Christmas really is. Every day she asks the sweetest questions and makes the most precious comments. Here are just a few I have heard lately...
"How long until Jesus's birthday?"
"I am going to make Jesus a birthday cake for his birthday and all my friends (who she will then tell you are Mommy, Daddy, Jack and Grandma) are going to come."
"How are far is it to Bethlehem?"
"I just love the Baby Jesus. He is my best boy."
I took Emily to see my Grandpa Jack in his new home at Creekside for a breakfast with Santa. Jack had to stay home since he still has pneumonia but we were thinking about him.
Emily and Grace were so incredibly excited to see Santa and Mrs. Claus and quickly got in line to sit on their laps. I was so happy to see that Emily was not afraid. She jumped right up on Mrs. Claus's lap and waited to see what would happen. If I would have known what she was going to do next I would have definitely tried to capture each word on video. Mrs. Claus asked her what she would like for Christmas and Emily replied in her sweet little voice, "just a sewing machine so that I can make Baby Jesus a crown for his birthday." It was the most precious thing ever.
On this particular day she was busy loving and kissing Joseph and Baby Jesus when Jack interrupted her and took off with Mary and the shepherd...
"How long until Jesus's birthday?"
"I am going to make Jesus a birthday cake for his birthday and all my friends (who she will then tell you are Mommy, Daddy, Jack and Grandma) are going to come."
"How are far is it to Bethlehem?"
"I just love the Baby Jesus. He is my best boy."
No comments:
Post a Comment