Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tuesday...

was Christmas with BEHS administrators and their families...

We had a blast celebrating Christmas with Bryan's colleagues. Mike and Christa were gracious enough to host us of us and boy did our kiddos have fun. I don't know if I have ever seen Emily and Jack so social with strangers. They LOVED Mike and Christa's kids and their dog and cat as well.
As soon as we got through the front door Mike took them out the back door to the deck so that they could play with Ollie the dog. I didn't quite catch Ollie on film...she was pretty quick to fetch the ball.
The kids were finally enticed to come back inside to play with the cat. I love the way the kids just made themselves at home, crawling and climbing on everything. I promise I wasn't being ignorant with my children. Mike and Christa are very kid friendly people.Next it was present opening time...Jack got some help from the girls...Then thank you hugs...and back to the cat...Then we ate some dinner and got the kiddos ready for the night festivities...Bryan got out his guitar and the party was on...Emily was dancing so fast I could barely catch her on film.Finally Emily decided that she needed a dancing partner and convinced Sophie to come dance with her. Jack clung to Sophie all night like glue...funny since he had never met her before. What can I say, the boy likes pretty girls!They danced...and danced...until Emily literally dropped and fell asleep on top of me. Bryan decided to quit playing guitar and while Emily slept the rest of the kids played WE for the rest of the night. Jack was incredibly fascinated with it and crawled right up on Mike for a better view...What a fun night! I think the best part was watching our usually shy kids open up and really socialize with people that they barely knew or had never met.

No comments:

Post a Comment