Wednesday, September 7, 2011

AUGUST {let the fun continue}...

The week after the wedding the kids and I stayed very busy.

SUNDAY (august 14th)
Sunday morning was a wet and rainy day so we got all dressed up in our rain clothes, grabbed our umbrellas and some bags and headed to our favorite trail for a nature walk.  The kids gathered all of their favorite things (leaves, rocks, moss...) and hauled it back to make some fairy houses for the back yard....
The houses turned our spectacular but my favorite part was watching Emily peek around the corners of the house, trying to spy a fairy fluttering inside.  Jack on the other hand did not have the same wonderful experience.  Somehow a spider found its way to his precious little hand and decided to take a taste of my little boy.  Poor Jack ended up with a bite the size of an orange.  His hand swelled twice in size and the bite mark itself blistered and burned.  The swelling didn't go down for a few days so we decided to opt out of our big plans of going to the Lynden Fair with the cousins and stuck around our parts for a few days.

We feasted on some local corn on the cob that evening...
On MONDAY we headed up to my grandma and grandpa's house.  While Grandpa was busy tending to the farm Grandma stayed inside and played for hours with the kids...
The boys and I decided to take a little walk on the farm while Emily stayed behind to read books with Great Grandma...
Jack started walking up this trail, stopped and grabbed this stick and then continued walking with it "just like Grandpa Jeeeeem."  He must have told me 100 times that it was Grandpa Jim's stick...
 We walked and walked and walked until Jack decided that he wanted to spy on the cows for awhile...
As we walked by the barn we found Great Grandpa hard at work and he summoned Jack in for a present...a feather from the barn owl....
I was amazed as I watched my grandpa move around the barn, hopping over the gate, swinging machinery around like he was twenty years old...
 Jack carried his feather with pride and we headed back up to the house...
I stopped at the top of the hill to gather a bouquet of flowers but as I stepped down into the garden a mammoth sized gardener snakes slithered between my flip flops and I think I jumped as high as the pitch of my scream.   Needless to say I didn't attempt any more flowers...
 On TUESDAY the kids, Grandma Emily and I headed out to Bay View State Park to test out the new kite Great Grandma Fox had gifted the kids...
I wish I had duct tape to keep this hat on...
 Grandma and her two side kicks...
 The kids spent the majority of their time running down the hill to the beach...
 Then we headed back up to fly our new kite...
On WEDNESDAY the kids and I headed out to my Dad and Patti's house (our second attempt) to water their plants and check on their kitties while they were on vacation.  My cousin Anna met us there to ward away the neighbors new dog (she is friends with their son) and the kids played the day away in their yard...
 I always pack the parachute in my trunk just in case we need something to fill the time...
 Emily told me she was "basking in the sun."  Really?  What story did she learn that one from?
On THURSDAY evening we headed over to the Sneva's for dinner.  While we have had many a play dates with the Sneva boys we had never had one at their house.  I think Emily has been asking to go back every day since...
 Asher and Emily were the prince and princess all night.  I think Emily was relieved to finally find a boy that was excited to be her prince and live far away in their castle...
We had an easy day on Friday regrouping from the weekly adventures.  We made our way back out to my dad's to water and gather some veggies and spent the rest of the day visiting with Grandma Emily.  It was a good thing we had time to regroup because SATURDAY was a big day...big enough for a separate post that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment