Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Last week of August (part 3)...

You know it was a great week when it takes three posts to get it all in!

MONDAY and TUESDAY were packed full of fun at the beach with the Loves and with kiddoes from the migrant camp...so much fun that I never got out my camera.

On WEDNESDAY we went ALL OUT and headed down to Auntie Jenny's for a fun-filled day at a local farm.  This place was not like any "farm" we had ever been to before and is a definite new tradition for these cousins to spend together!

We started out at the potties...with this much fun just at the potties we knew we were in for an awesome day...
We found a bunch of these fun things as we made our way outside....
Our first stop was a ride on the choo-choo train.  Jack was over the moon excited and it was a great way to check out all of the fun activities throughout the farm at the same time...
Why my kids all CRAVE Starbucks coffee I will never know....
After the train ride we headed to the petting area...
These two are best buddies.  Charlie will turn me down any day to be in Grandma Emily's arms...
One of the main reasons we came to this farm was to check out all of the little kids rides.  The fair was a little too much for our kids this year but these rides were just what we were looking for...
The hay maze and hay trampoline were some of our favorites...
I hope that when I am 65 I can still ride the "tea cups" with my grandchildren...
Charlie and Olivia were TROOPERS!  They both sat contently in their strollers most of the day...
The canoe ride was another big hit but...
...the biggest hit of the day was the REAL rollercoaster.  I am waiting for those pics to come from Auntie Jenny since I was the lucky volunteer to ride wtih the kids.  I am not sure who had more fun, the kids or me.  I LOVED watching the kids' expressions as we zoomed down the tracks and swizzled around each corner.  The best part of all was listening to the shear enjoyment that leaped from within each of them.  "Cheese and Sprinkles!  Cheese and Sprinkles!" was all they would say as we whipped in and out.  And as soon as one ride would end we would grap hands and run around to the wait in the line again and again! 

With all of that excitement we decided to wind down, eat some lunch and spend some time  at the farm playground...
The kids decided to ALL be the coachman at the same time...
But Charlie finally won a spot by himself...
Then the kids got to go for a real pony ride (no walking around in circles like the fair)...
(Just in case you didn't believe that she was really with us the entire day)...
We ended the day with some serious face painting and balloon making.  Emily got a parrot (inspired by the kids' new favorite movie RIO) while Jack got a dog on a leash...
After a FULL day at the farm we were wiped!  We said our good-byes to Auntie Jenny and Baby Olivia and made our way home in the midst of rush hour traffic.  Thankfully the kids were so exhausted they all slept the entire way home...that might be a first for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment